ASA and 90 seaters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigShow

I was in recurrent this week and some IPs sat in on the meeting with Skywest and ASA. There was alot of talk about the CRJ 90 seater. They said that delta wants them to have first class seating, which means they would be the 900 but only configured to 70 seats. He didn't say where the aircraft would go(Skywest or ASA) but there was alot of talk about it. I heard it from 3 different sources. All attended the meeting and all were very impressed with how down to earth the Skywest upper management was.

Most of the IP's are usually the last to hear anything, which is why I find the source amusing. However there is talk of up to 200 aircraft with 79 seat capacity. Sounds like 90's with first class to me. Now the more important questions....Who will fly them and for how much?

We heard alot about the 705's two weeks ago from B-Rad himself. couple that with (potentiallly) one rate for 200-705's...well....

Mookie

jegermeister said:
However there is talk of up to 200 aircraft with 79 seat capacity. Sounds like 90's with first class to me. Now the more important questions....Who will fly them and for how much?

false information. What Delta has asked for is to raise the seat limit from 70 to 79. And raise the aircraft limit from 150 to 200. So that means essentially 50 more aircraft above 50 seats. It does not mean all the 70 seaters AND 200 79 seaters.

Sorry guys, bad info.

Hun?

They can get as many as they want in BK, no? Its really up to the judge and management not the pilots.

jegermeister said:
Sounds like 90's with first class to me. Now the more important questions....Who will fly them and for how much?

Let's hope the mainline.

michael707767 said:
false information. What Delta has asked for is to raise the seat limit from 70 to 79. And raise the aircraft limit from 150 to 200. So that means essentially 50 more aircraft above 50 seats. It does not mean all the 70 seaters AND 200 79 seaters.

Sorry guys, bad info.

Not so fast. I foresee in the near future an announcement that Skywest INC will enter a deal w/our friends from Canada to trade in 50 seat aircraft for the CL-705.

Texx said:
Not so fast. I foresee in the near future an announcement that Skywest INC will enter a deal w/our friends from Canada to trade in 50 seat aircraft for the CL-705.

I agree. But there won't be 200 of em. Thats not even what management has proposed. And nothing has been agreed to yet. Think about it folks, neither UAL or USAir has had a contract imposed. Both are operating under negotiated contracts.

Latest resources

Back