• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 700 Staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When an airbus burns 2600 a side at .78 it makes you wonder how anyone makes money with an RJ. Not a knock, just amazing that for only 500# more then a 170 you can carry 75+ more folks.

Oh I agree...it is definitely a head scratcher. We usually fly .76 which is more around 1700ish a side, but when you compare a 737 or A320 the burns are not that much more for twice the seats. There are plenty of routes where the 170's compete directly with mainline equipment from other carriers such as DTW or MSP to PHL, EWR, IAH, DFW, ORD etc... so it isn't like these aircraft are just going to smaller markets.

Last edited:
Oh I agree...it is definitely a head scratcher. We usually fly .76 which is more around 1700ish a side, but when you compare a 737 or A320 the burns are not that much more for twice the seats. There are plenty of routes where the 170's compete directly with mainline equipment from other carriers such as DTW or MSP to PHL, EWR, IAH, DFW, ORD etc... so it isn't like these aircraft are just going to smaller markets.

seriously.... do you think that if they could sell 165 seats they wouldn't just to send a 190 with 86? or you could send a A380 with 500 all economy seats...that would make sense..

ExpressJet cities from LGA starting July:

ATL, BGR, BHM, BNA, BUF, CMH, CLT, CHS, CVG, DTW, OMA, PWM, PIT, RDU, ROC, SAV, SYR, STL

seriously.... do you think that if they could sell 165 seats they wouldn't just to send a 190 with 86? or you could send a A380 with 500 all economy seats...that would make sense..

On routes where the Aircraft directly competes with A320 and B737...Yes I think they could use said aircraft.

Sure there are routes that won't fill an A320 and a CRJ-50 is not enough, but in my opinion the routes I described are not those. Then again as long as the paycheck keeps clearing, then I'll just go wherever they tell me to.

When an airbus burns 2600 a side at .78 it makes you wonder how anyone makes money with an RJ. Not a knock, just amazing that for only 500# more then a 170 you can carry 75+ more folks.

Higher paid fa's, plus a third fa + hugely higher paid pilots + more pilots to staff three 320 due to the better contact + higher paid Mtc personnel + more ramp personnel (also higher paid + higher landing fees....probably not as great a profit marine as you might think...

Higher paid fa's, plus a third fa + hugely higher paid pilots + more pilots to staff three 320 due to the better contact + higher paid Mtc personnel + more ramp personnel (also higher paid + higher landing fees....probably not as great a profit marine as you might think...

Not to mention 3x the cost to buy the airplane... 22mill vs 60mill....

None of that changes the fact that the plane holds DOUBLE what the CRJ does.

Latest resources

Back