• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 700 Staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have all heard the rumor that delta asked asa to fly the 700's a little longer so gojet could get them up and running
Now I am hearing at the same time gojet went to delta and told them they couldn't do the contract at the rates agreed upon and renegotiated the contract to a point that was higher than asa's bid? Any truth to this. If so I don't think gojet will ever be in the running for any more delta flying.

I heard Delta told GoJet to stuff it. I highly doubt Delta would renegotiate as ruthless as they are with DCI. I wouldn't worry about GoJet fellas. Trans States Holdings will soon be following PNCL into Bankruptcy. Hulas is playing the same game ole Phil Tenary was playing and eventually it catches up with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed. I don't see DAL renegotiating out of good spirit. It's plain and simple economics. DAL is ruthless with DCI, and it purely profit driven. I don't fault DAL for this, it's just the nature of the business and the buisiness model that SkyWest Inc. has opted to participate in, for the time being. Skywest Management is smiling and watching as GoJets "enjoys" their "at a loss" flying. Simply put, Skywest Inc. is going to be patient in an effort to be the "last man standing", so to speak. They'll outlast the competition, due to the fact that they have the money on hand to do so. This is just my opinion, however, and I have no facts at all to back this opinion up. Just a gut feeling.

Not to mention the E175 is eating their lunch, 76 seats with costs much higher than the competing CR9's, ouch!

Not to mention the E175 is eating their lunch, 76 seats with costs much higher than the competing CR9's, ouch!

E175s eating their lunch because they apparently agreed to a crap rate that barely breaks even if at all. Delta got such a good deal on the rates that's why they only sold Compass to TSA for what $20 mil? Wait til the maintenance costs start to pile up. A bankruptcy waiting to happen.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

E175s eating their lunch because they apparently agreed to a crap rate that barely breaks even if at all. Delta got such a good deal on the rates that's why they only sold Compass to TSA for what $20 mil? Wait til the maintenance costs start to pile up. A bankruptcy waiting to happen.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Based on?

Any fact at all?

Any source of real information?

No, as usual.

Based on?

Any fact at all?

Any source of real information?

No, as usual.

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Delta Air Lines said Thursday it would sell two of its regional subsidiaries for a combined $82.5 million to shed less profitable routes from its system. The Atlanta carrier said it would sell Memphis-based Mesaba to Pinnacle Airlines Corp. for $62 million and Compass Airlines to St. Louis-based Trans States Holdings for $20.5 million.

The fact is it's burning 1K lbs per hour more than a CR9 carrying the same seats and more bags and no Dl is not paying up because it's more comfy.

When will the MRJ show up?

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Delta Air Lines said Thursday it would sell two of its regional subsidiaries for a combined $82.5 million to shed less profitable routes from its system. The Atlanta carrier said it would sell Memphis-based Mesaba to Pinnacle Airlines Corp. for $62 million and Compass Airlines to St. Louis-based Trans States Holdings for $20.5 million.

The fact is it's burning 1K lbs per hour more than a CR9 carrying the same seats and more bags and no Dl is not paying up because it's more comfy.

When will the MRJ show up?

Having flown both, it does not burn 1k more per hour

If I remember correctly (it has been a few years since I flew the 700/900) it is pretty much within 100 or 200# We burn about 1600-1800 a side at .77, which is about where I remember it being on the 700/900 where I used to work (we did CI flying so our speed varied a lot there).

I do think the CRJ does a bit better on gas, but they are the same engines as on the 900 (crj-900 engines have a little higher thrust rating). I thought the ERJ would burn more to before I actually flew it, but it really isn't as large as I thought.

We were burning 2100 a side at FL360 a side today but doing .80 as it was the freedom leg.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back