• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 700 Staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DL approves more large RJ's and swaps them out at 1 for 2 for 50 seaters resulting in less pilot jobs. Everyone loses (or should I say looses so everyone here will understand).

Not necessarily. With DAL 717 on the table at mainline, there could be growth there also. The hiring rumor for the fall is back up and running. There will be a shuffle, but the parties that benefit from it are unknown.

Prediction. In 3 years, ExpressJet will be at least 40% smaller than today. The resulting loss will cure the need to find qualified applicants. As many move to majors, there will likely also be 2 for 1 swaps to eliminate 50's and 'right size' the fleet.

We are fat on the -700 side. I get paid to sit on my a$$ and play golf all day. Should be an awesome summer!

There are so many variables on the table at this point, it's very difficult to get a complete picture of what is going on. With DAL pilots in contract talks early, and our management team in a mood to negotiate things to a close, and the appearance of both regional, and mainline flying on the table, it's anyone's guess..

makes one wonder if RA and Jerry have something planned doesn't it? ;)

We have all heard the rumor that delta asked asa to fly the 700's a little longer so gojet could get them up and running
Now I am hearing at the same time gojet went to delta and told them they couldn't do the contract at the rates agreed upon and renegotiated the contract to a point that was higher than asa's bid? Any truth to this. If so I don't think gojet will ever be in the running for any more delta flying.

We have all heard the rumor that delta asked asa to fly the 700's a little longer so gojet could get them up and running
Now I am hearing at the same time gojet went to delta and told them they couldn't do the contract at the rates agreed upon and renegotiated the contract to a point that was higher than asa's bid? Any truth to this. If so I don't think gojet will ever be in the running for any more delta flying.

This would be sooooo sweet. But I doubt there's much to it.

Prediction. In 3 years, ExpressJet will be at least 40% smaller than today. The resulting loss will cure the need to find qualified applicants. As many move to majors, there will likely also be 2 for 1 swaps to eliminate 50's and 'right size' the fleet.

It will be less than 3 years. Delta is setting a precedent that the other legacy carriers will soon follow. They have been successful in restructuring after bankruptcy; they will do whatever it takes to continue down that path. The Delta side of XJT is not immune to what the other DCI carriers have and are currently experiencing. We are next on the chopping block; just a matter of time. Look how much has changed over the last 5 years. The 2/3 for 1 will happen sooner than later. Shrinkage among the legacy carriers due to consolidation will happen with a subsequent reduction in their regional counterparts to follow. I hate speculating but the proverbial writing on he wall is obvious.

We are fat on the -700 side. I get paid to sit on my a$$ and play golf all day. Should be an awesome summer!

I had a summer like that once...then I was displaced in September.

Latest resources

Back