• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 700 Staffing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I remember correctly (it has been a few years since I flew the 700/900) it is pretty much within 100 or 200# We burn about 1600-1800 a side at .77, which is about where I remember it being on the 700/900 where I used to work (we did CI flying so our speed varied a lot there).

I do think the CRJ does a bit better on gas, but they are the same engines as on the 900 (crj-900 engines have a little higher thrust rating). I thought the ERJ would burn more to before I actually flew it, but it really isn't as large as I thought.

We were burning 2100 a side at FL360 a side today but doing .80 as it was the freedom leg.

The CRJ 700/900 burns about the same at .82 or more. Normal burn for 700 is 1800-1900 at .80 (obviously temperature is a factor). 900 is about 100-200 higher. Freedom legs on 700-900 vary from .82-.85 "allegedly"!!!

On a different note, I heard today Asa will have about 7-8 700 lines flying out of new York next month, note sure of the logistics. Tdy or lots of deadheading I guess..

Yeah, it's in the deltanet PDF schedule starting in July. My guess is this is why they want to keep us fat on 700 pilots. We'll need the extra bodies to deal with LGA.

On a different note, I heard today Asa will have about 7-8 700 lines flying out of new York next month, note sure of the logistics. Tdy or lots of deadheading I guess..

TDY is a temporary domicile assignment, so I'm guessing since JFK and LGA aren't domicles it'll be lots of DHs.

If I remember correctly (it has been a few years since I flew the 700/900) it is pretty much within 100 or 200# We burn about 1600-1800 a side at .77, which is about where I remember it being on the 700/900 where I used to work (we did CI flying so our speed varied a lot there).

I do think the CRJ does a bit better on gas, but they are the same engines as on the 900 (crj-900 engines have a little higher thrust rating). I thought the ERJ would burn more to before I actually flew it, but it really isn't as large as I thought.

We were burning 2100 a side at FL360 a side today but doing .80 as it was the freedom leg.

When an airbus burns 2600 a side at .78 it makes you wonder how anyone makes money with an RJ. Not a knock, just amazing that for only 500# more then a 170 you can carry 75+ more folks.

But if you don't have 75 more peeps to go, then you pay money to fly those empty seats, which is quite expensive.

Latest resources

Back