Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B190Captain said:
Granted, there are those that are sharp and adapt quickly but there is always the ones that aren't worth a sh!t.

the same could be said about 1,000 hour pilots, or 5,000hour pilots etc....

Last edited:
jetflier said:
Where are the bases for ASA located? What bases are the most senior?

ATL: new hires only choice currently

SLC: Unless there's huge growth there, forget about it as a newhire. Super senior, a number of Captains displaced themselves to FO just to hold SLC. Junior reserve FO is currently 2 or 3 years I think.

I agree with those who say that another 500 (or 1000... or 2000...) hours dual given is probably not going to prepare you for Part 121.

But you know, there was a time when even those minimum times weren't enough to get hired by a commuter.

MOST of us went from CFI to either single pilot night freight, or charter, before interviewing with a commuter.

It was during that time -- flying single pilot, IMC, at night -- that I really learned. Decision making. Confidence. Real-world IFR experience. And the ability to say "No" when asked to do something unreasonable or unsafe.

So add me to the group that thinks that 600TT just isn't enough. Sorry guys.

A friend of mine at ASA was telling me how a guy with 320hrs (went through the Flight Safety Program) was pissed because he got assigned the ATR, mind you he's 23 yrs old!

Last edited:
I beleive these new posted minimums for ASA will only be applicable to the PFT wonders coming from those Florida Direct Hire programs...........

Nope. 600/100 applies to anyone. They also want 100 in the last 6 months and prefer 121 or advanced aircraft experience or training according to a flyer that they passed out to pilots.

SLC: Unless there's huge growth there, forget about it as a newhire.

Also not true. If you want to bid to CRJ700 you can possibly hold SLC pretty quick. The 700 is actually the junior airplane due to the schedules. SLC is a 700 base only right now.

Baronman said:
A friend of mine at ASA was telling me how a guy with 3200hrs (went through the Flight Safety Program) was pissed because he got assigned the ATR, mind you he's 23 yrs old!

Man, I'd hate to have a job flying an ATR. :rolleyes:

Baronman said:
A friend of mine at ASA was telling me how a guy with 320hrs (went through the Flight Safety Program) was pissed because he got assigned the ATR, mind you he's 23 yrs old!

The ATR training department is stuffed full of top notch guys.

Like Rumple stated, other people out there would love to have that opportunity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back