ASA 28-31 Aug contract neg updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sound scared. Are you a jellyfish?

No Papa Woody, he isn't a jellyfish.... he has seen this show before when he was at Alleghany. Alleghany had the best contract in the regional industry. They had Dash 8 pilots making 6 figures with a retirement plan. They had a tough and unified pilot group. They were replaced by cheaper ALPA pilots.

Not a "jellyfish"..... just someone who has "been there and done that"...

"At a glance both Management proposals are lacking in adequate scope protections, pay rates, retro pay,and duty rigs."

This about sums it up folks. This is the day 1 summary, as will be day 4. Management is just showing up because they have to. They have no desire to settle.

We are failing as a pilot group to take control of the situation. Over my last 4 day, at least half of my flights have been delayed due to legitimate maintenance writeups. If we all did this, 50% of our flights would be late. Bryan would sh*t an airworthy titanium brick.

Look at what happened in 98 to get the contract settled. It's no different here.

Please step up to the plate!!

This isn't '98 in so many ways.....

The only similarity is that we won't get a release from the NMB.... but then some of us have been saying that for some time.....

Why is the MEC surprised that we haven't been released?

Yeah we know your feelings on the issue Merchant.

Mechant are you willing to keep yourself in the current contract once our new one is ratified with all the new QOL improvements? And turn down the signing bonus/Retro pay by donating it to the guys who worked to get the new contract?

Off course not.

Medeco

Yeah we know your feelings on the issue Merchant.

Mechant are you willing to keep yourself in the current contract once our new one is ratified with all the new QOL improvements? And turn down the signing bonus/Retro pay by donating it to the guys who worked to get the new contract?

Off course not.

Medeco

My first concern is not being replaced by Skywest or any other DCI carrier....

That being said, the improvements you are talking about are a moot point if you never actually get a new contract. When a new contract is achieved, it will look very similar to what is currently on the table.... The longer we drag this out, the longer before those improvements take place......

My first concern is not being replaced by Skywest or any other DCI carrier....

That being said, the improvements you are talking about are a moot point if you never actually get a new contract. When a new contract is achieved, it will look very similar to what is currently on the table.... The longer we drag this out, the longer before those improvements take place......

Your points that you repeatedly make like a broken record, are all moot.

You dodged the question.

We all agree that being replaced is a huge concern. Obviously, our CNC does too based on the updates we have recieved over the last few months. But according to you we should give up the farm to get scope.

Medeco

My question is whether you can get solid scope, good raises, retro pay, duty rigs, and qol/sced etc in the same contract. Scope cost Mesa and AE...

Goat

I dont know the answer 100% like mister merchant claims to.

But, in principle, we must try to achieve the best we can for our pilot group.

One thing for sure is the ASA pilot group has not rolled over as of yet and this has added to the timeline of the contract neg.

I personally think, that ASA/Skywest Inc. and Mother Delta have had a plan from the beginning of the sale of ASA. It may be a fluid ever evolving plan, but something is going on here.

Dr. Jerry AtKIN, hasnt shown his face to this pilot group for more than a year, in terms of a town hall meeting or crew room chat. Thats speaks loudly to me.

Dr. Jerry is gambling, with us and the ALPA drive at Skywest and hoping he can play us against each other as he is doing and has done.

If the Skywest MEN/Women will step up and sign on, we can all have the upper hand and hold out for what is best for everyone.

No doubt its very difficult to convince enough people in todays, instant gratification mentality, that patience in this fight is worth it.

Medeco

Nope not going to hapen yet again, probably ever, should just get used to this sh_it every three to four months.

Latest resources

Back