• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA 28-31 Aug contract neg updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm willing to wager that this 4 day session is a means to an end.

1) we have a TA

or

2) we dont get a TA because of company not willing to compromise and the NMB gives us our release.

4 days straight is plenty of time for this crap to wrap up.

If the rumor is true that Delta is at the table or calling the shots I have real problems with that and so should our MEC, not to mention the NMB.

Medeco

either way I'm going to relax and enjoy a nice holiday at the beach and so should everyone else at ASA that can.

I'm willing to wager that this 4 day session is a means to an end.

1) we have a TA

or

2) we dont get a TA because of company not willing to compromise and the NMB gives us our release.

4 days straight is plenty of time for this crap to wrap up.

If the rumor is true that Delta is at the table or calling the shots I have real problems with that and so should our MEC, not to mention the NMB.

Medeco

either way I'm going to relax and enjoy a nice holiday at the beach and so should everyone else at ASA that can.

Chuck Norris is calling the shots. I hope he realizes that ASA pilots love Walker Texas Ranger.

Mediated negotiations resumed today in Washington D.C.
The Association made a comprehensive full language proposal
on all the remaining unresolved issues. Management received
our proposal and responded with a proposal with two options.
The CNC will be evaluating the proposals into the evening and
responding tomorrow. At a glance both Management proposals
are lacking in adequate scope protections, pay rates, retro pay,
and duty rigs.
The members of the CNC appreciate the ASA, Comair, Express
Jet, Pinnacle, and Delta pilot’s support. These pilots stood tall in
support of ASA pilots by lining the street in front of the DC
meeting location this morning, and we thank them for their
support for our cause.

Let's get this done boys. Stop letting ALPA national call the shots and sign a contract both sides can live with. I'm not going to be the one who "takes it back" in one contract. I won't for two reasons.

1. We didn't give up anything after 9/11.
2. The mainline boys didn't stand so strong on their own contracts, so don't use mine to make up for their mistakes.

I loved the Delta guy on my jumpseat who told me to hold the line. This is the same guy who just pissed away his own contract!

Don't get me wrong. If this MEC wants to hit a grand slam contract they can. But it'll be the last meaningful act they do. Delta/Skywest will just reallocate our flying.

Delta/SkyWest management is not at the table. They can't be, as we can only negotiate with ASA.

However, the reason why it takes so long to negotiate is because on every break our company has to call SGU to get Jerry's permission to increase their offer by 0.003%.

Let's get this done boys. Stop letting ALPA national call the shots and sign a contract both sides can live with. I'm not going to be the one who "takes it back" in one contract. I won't for two reasons.

2. The mainline boys didn't stand so strong on their own contracts, so don't use mine to make up for their mistakes.

I loved the Delta guy on my jumpseat who told me to hold the line. This is the same guy who just pissed away his own contract!

Don't get me wrong. If this MEC wants to hit a grand slam contract they can. But it'll be the last meaningful act they do. Delta/Skywest will just reallocate our flying.

You sound scared. Are you a jellyfish?

"At a glance both Management proposals are lacking in adequate scope protections, pay rates, retro pay,and duty rigs."

This about sums it up folks. This is the day 1 summary, as will be day 4. Management is just showing up because they have to. They have no desire to settle.

We are failing as a pilot group to take control of the situation. Over my last 4 day, at least half of my flights have been delayed due to legitimate maintenance writeups. If we all did this, 50% of our flights would be late. Bryan would sh*t an airworthy titanium brick.

Look at what happened in 98 to get the contract settled. It's no different here.

Please step up to the plate!!

Well said Jeger..... hold your reps feet to the fire....

We are being used as pawns in a big pi$$ing contest between Jerry and ALPA.... If Jerry wins the most we will get from ALPA is a nice obituary in the ALPA rag.... just like ACA/Indy Air got..... Our fellow union "brothers" will replace us in a heart beat.....

Delta/SkyWest management is not at the table. They can't be, as we can only negotiate with ASA.

However, the reason why it takes so long to negotiate is because on every break our company has to call SGU to get Jerry's permission to increase their offer by 0.003%.

I agree, they could also be in the hallway or the hotel too.

Medeco

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back