• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those two routes were two of the worst yeilding routes in the system, therefore they were cut. I think they have a clue. I would rather they cut routes that don't make money than bleed money on routes to make us feel good. There are more route changes coming. The new norm will be constantly shifting routes as demand/yield evolve. Get used to the new reality.

Every CUN flight i was on was full. Are we giving the seats away? Doubt it.

Baja.

Every CUN flight i was on was full. Are we giving the seats away? Doubt it.

Baja.

Full means nothing. That route, along with most of Mexico has very depressed yeilds. I don't know any other way to say it. We were not making any money. If we were, I guarantee you we wouldn't pull out of that market.

Maybe the yields are low, but I think this has more to do with playing musical chairs with the ETOPs equipped A/C. They need an extra one for the addtional SEA-OGG in June so they are cutting out the LAX-CUN. It would be nice if they could finally admit the economy might be turning and add a flight without taking another one away so we don't need to recall any crews.

Tico,
To enlighten you on Horizon. We have 92 on furlough and a greater percentage for furlough to active pilots than AS. Last year we had 69 a/c flying and now there are 55 on the books and only 49 flying. So, growth wise, I would say that QX has shrunk, more than AS. We have not taken any of "your" routes (to my knowledge). I am not for QX growing and AS shrinking. I hope that AS grows left and right and QX also does as both comapnies are screwing the pilots.
Also, the Cancun stuff is rediculous. I don't think that it is that they need more ETOPS a/c because they have been converting some 800's to ETOPS lately. I thnk there are 22 or 23 now. Not totally sure.

Have a good weekend.

Tatoosh......After ten years and a left seat I walked away for at least 3 years so you could hang on to yours...so stuff it...and nwaviator...there are pilots on furlough from Horizon because of the DEN mistep.....failed foray into lift providing....had that never happened and it never should have, Horizon would be hiring.....sorry dude

Tatoosh......After ten years and a left seat I walked away for at least 3 years so you could hang on to yours...so stuff it...and nwaviator...there are pilots on furlough from Horizon because of the DEN mistep.....failed foray into lift providing....had that never happened and it never should have, Horizon would be hiring.....sorry dude

Sorry dude, but you are completely wrong in relation to Horizon. The Denver experiement was a way for Horizon to do something with their jets that they realized they didn't need. It was a way to keep guys on property and for the company to make a 12% profit on 12 airplanes for 3 years.

The guys at Horizon are on furlough because Horizon found a way to grow ASMs with less airplanes. No more 37 seat airplanes. Fewer 76 seat airplanes can move more people. Less pilots needed. Simple math. Nothing more. Nothing less.

You hit the nail on the head. Management thinks of growth in terms of seat miles. We think of cockpit seats. They think of efficiency as less pilots doing the same or more, we think of flying 8 hours in a day and getting to 75, 80 or 85 hours in less days at work.

The AS route structure does not lend itself to 8 hours of flying per day. We have an inefficient route structure and as a result, management is always looking for ways to make the pilots make up for those inefficiencies.

You hit the nail on the head. Management thinks of growth in terms of seat miles. We think of cockpit seats. They think of efficiency as less pilots doing the same or more, we think of flying 8 hours in a day and getting to 75, 80 or 85 hours in less days at work.

The AS route structure does not lend itself to 8 hours of flying per day. We have an inefficient route structure and as a result, management is always looking for ways to make the pilots make up for those inefficiencies.

Bingo...Finally someone gets it. Now if we can stop bitching among the different bases about "our flying", maybe we can focus on getting the 106 back.

Save M. Brisbane!!

Mookie

maybe we can focus on getting the 106 back.

Mookie

Thank you. It's starting to look a lot like high school in here...... Maybe you guys can represent the pilots for once and actually do something that gets us back on property.

The sooner the better.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back