AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any movement???
Yes. I just got off the pot and had a good one.

With the increased flying in the fall and new SAN flying, SJC-LIH, OAK-LIH. Anyone know if the block hours are going to be increases in the fall or stay the same as summer. Ran into a captain that is retiring in early september or so he said. so there is one spot.... Hopefully.

The block hours will be about 6% less in the fall. There will also be more vacation, more recurrent training, and ETOPS training for PDX and SEA that will last until July 2011. Will that be enough other stuff to bring anyone back? Who knows.

Section 14 G could bring some back. If anyone wants a doctors note just send a copy of your medical.

If the pilot staffing train wreck that started a couple weeks ago (and is only projected to get worse for the summer) isn't enough to get some recalls going then I'd say no recalls for a long time. Frankly, until staffing hurts the bottom line or the stock price, nobody in management cares.

Four cx'd flights over the past weekend in ANC due to a lack of First Officers....and it's not even the 4th of July.

Four cx'd flights over the past weekend in ANC due to a lack of First Officers....and it's not even the 4th of July.

Gee, that's too sad. And I had nothing to do that weekend.

I wish I could hear some of the conversations that go on between the bigwigs when they talk about cancellations like this.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA9001/history/20100629/0600Z/KSEA/PHNL

This was flown over EMPTY to do video flights around the islands with Clay Lacy's Lear. How much do you supposed this cost? We have money to burn on this but can't bring back our furloughs? Once again the marketing department trumps the flight department in the running of the airline. Let them cancel all they want. I have been called twice in a week for JA. BTW, I heard sick calls are up again.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back