• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Recalls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I ended up with a open-fly line is SEA (I was shocked) It has me at 89 hours! with carry-in from May. I tried to drop a couple of 2 days to get me down to about 77 hours and both were denied due to lack of reserves. SEA is gonna be a mess next month. PDX crews covering I would expect.

Fresh off recall training, back in ANC.

Got my first OF line...tried my first trade....denied, inadequate RSV coverage.

Tried a different trade....denied, inadequate RSV coverage.

Get used to it. Just remember there is always 3rd step trading. Very effective.

Fresh off recall training, back in ANC.

Got my first OF line...tried my first trade....denied, inadequate RSV coverage.

Tried a different trade....denied, inadequate RSV coverage.

So what did they have to do to get you re-qualed after furlough? How long was the training? Were you still within your recurrent cycle? I heard some of the most senior furloughs had recurrent right before they were furloughed. I am wondering if managements resistance to recall more pilots has something to do with the fact that the rest of us may need full or at least longer training cycles to come back to the line.

"Where'd whoooooo goooooooo?"

So what did they have to do to get you re-qualed after furlough? How long was the training? Were you still within your recurrent cycle? I heard some of the most senior furloughs had recurrent right before they were furloughed. I am wondering if managements resistance to recall more pilots has something to do with the fact that the rest of us may need full or at least longer training cycles to come back to the line.

Correct...I went through CQ a mere 10 days before getting cut loose in OCT.

Training, for at least 3 of us, was a blur.

Day 1 Paperwork/FO summit
Day 2 FBS
Day 3 Sim (4 hrs)
Day 4 SE Trip
Day 5 SE Trip
Day 6 Off (and yet, stuck in KTN with a broken 800)
Day 7 Off
Day 8 TVL to ANC
Day 9 Arctic SLF (which requires 3 landing at arctic airports, while the trip only has 2. Long story short, a second arctic slf was req. Had they not mis-scheduled this trip, I would have been released from training on day 10 and sitting RSV in ANC on or after day 12)

I believe everyone else needed a full CQ.

I ended up with a open-fly line is SEA (I was shocked) It has me at 89 hours! with carry-in from May. I tried to drop a couple of 2 days to get me down to about 77 hours and both were denied due to lack of reserves. SEA is gonna be a mess next month. PDX crews covering I would expect.

Old School,

Contractually you are not required to fly over the monthly max. They may not be able to drop two of your trips, but they have to let you drop below 85 hours. It's in the contract.

CP

Any movement??? With the increased flying in the fall and new SAN flying, SJC-LIH, OAK-LIH. Anyone know if the block hours are going to be increases in the fall or stay the same as summer. Ran into a captain that is retiring in early september or so he said. so there is one spot.... Hopefully.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back