• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS management pilots flying as First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Check airman in ANC can sell one day of vacation back to VSA during volcanic eruptions though. FODOs can pick up FO premium trips over and above their guarantee to keep the trip from cancelling...and fly with their buddy in the left seat.

Both have been disputed and the last one is good for the furloughed pilots somehow.

Last edited:
The pilots at alaska are greedy, but you're outta touch if you think they're going to furlough in the fall.

Oh really ??? That's new .... Can you tell me the real percentage of greediness ? You seem to know more then me.... Is there a difference where your based ? Enlighten me please !

FODOs can pick up FO premium trips over and above their guarantee to keep the trip from cancelling...and fly with their buddy in the left seat.

If this is about the trip 5/26 that started the controversy and since the trip in question was mine let me correct the "record."

1. The scheduled F/O called in sick one hour prior to push.
2. As a result, the trip was never posted as a premium pay trip.
3. The FODO in question did not "pick up" the trip.
4. While this FODO and I have worked together professionally on safety issues, he and I aren't "buddies."

When the scheduled F/O called in sick, Crew Skeds pulled this guy off a PMCF and sent him over to fly the line flight. Not being a Scheduling Committee guy, I didn't even realize this was a problem until I got an email from them the next day asking how he ended up in the right seat.

I told them. And the rest is history.

If this is about the trip 5/26 that started the controversy and since the trip in question was mine let me correct the "record."

1. The scheduled F/O called in sick one hour prior to push.
2. As a result, the trip was never posted as a premium pay trip.
3. The FODO in question did not "pick up" the trip.
4. While this FODO and I have worked together professionally on safety issues, he and I aren't "buddies."

When the scheduled F/O called in sick, Crew Skeds pulled this guy off a PMCF and sent him over to fly the line flight. Not being a Scheduling Committee guy, I didn't even realize this was a problem until I got an email from them the next day asking how he ended up in the right seat.

I told them. And the rest is history.

Yes it was! I have the proof.

It is hard for me to believe that with less than 5 minutes between when the F/O called in sick and the FODO was assigned the trip was posted and picked up.

As far as I knew, he was assigned by Crew Skeds after they pulled him off his PMCF and cancelled it. Personally, I would prefer the Company recall furloughed pilots and staff the reserve pool properly.

Last edited:
Oh really ??? That's new .... Can you tell me the real percentage of greediness ? You seem to know more then me.... Is there a difference where your based ? Enlighten me please !

I guess I misrepresented in my original post. I didn't mean to call all AS pilots greedy. I meant to write that there are greedy pilots who will max out their line values and VSA with no regard to furloughed pilots.

I've never heard of measuring greediness in percentage terms. I do know that there are plenty of pilots in both seats, in all bases, who will pick up premium trips.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back