• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS management pilots flying as First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Given that 87 % of active Alaska Pilots approve of instructors staffing the right seat, the astute, furloughed fo would get a resume, get a suit and try like he11 to get a real job at Delta or anywhere else they could find one......fella's, hate to say it but no one there even remembers your names

I love to hear about how quickly some of these guys upgraded to CA. 4 years is a pretty nice number. Unfortunately it's not right now.

I think you misunderstood the recruiter...they meant that the current senior 10 year FO's were going to get a 4 year upgrade!

All our productivity enhancements (premium, VSA, 90 hours, etc.) should have been discontinued the day after the first furlough occurred. The co. is counting on the trough-ers covering this summer's shortfall, and they will not be disappointed.

All our productivity enhancements (premium, VSA, 90 hours, etc.) should have been discontinued the day after the first furlough occurred. The co. is counting on the trough-ers covering this summer's shortfall, and they will not be disappointed.
You are correct about that.....The vast majority of Alaska Airlines pilots are solid "me firsters".....very selfish group over there....So much so that Alaska will most likely be able to furlough again in the fall.

You are correct about that.....The vast majority of Alaska Airlines pilots are solid "me firsters".....very selfish group over there....So much so that Alaska will most likely be able to furlough again in the fall.

The pilots at alaska are greedy, but you're outta touch if you think they're going to furlough in the fall.

The root of all this evil is the "gummers". You listen to these guys for 5, 7, 10 years say how much they can't wait to retire - then they turn 60 and stay. If the "gummers" were gone, there would have been no furloughs. It is like a giant 5 year pause button on all our careers.
The good news is that it will make our pension more secure because most of these guys will die a lot younger. Statistically every year you work past age 60 costs you two years in life expectancy.
The other good news is that most of these guys won't even make it to 65. They will try to, but they won't make it. Very few of them that I have flown with have the health to make it 5 more years. They will medical out soon.
So lets looks forward to some better days, getting the old guys outa hear and getting our furloughs back!

"GUMMERS"~ love it!

<<Furloughs are not back because of the amount of open time guys on vacation are picking up (approx 15hrs per person avg),...>

Did I miss something in the new contract? Can you work while you're on vacation, or are you referring to flying prior to/after the vacation start/stop dates?

<<TK also did not say they won't do this anymore...he is simply stopping until the SMG is able to meet.>>

To quote from a forum post offered long ago and far away: "Stopping doing the wrong thing is not exactly the same as 'doing the right thing.'"

People on vacation can't pick up open time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back