• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AS Furlough Mitigation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is about unity. What will the ENTIRE group do as a whole to protect the ENTIRE group? Can we ALL accept a change to prevent even ONE furlough? I will vote yes. The fact that the SEA LEC voted no tells me a lot about SEA. They are about themselves. Do I think loosing second step sucks? Of course I do! But as a dues paying member I trust that my negotiating team did the best they could and this is where it took us. "Maybe" save 30 jobs? They way I read it, this will GUARANTEE the prevention of 30 furloughs! NOT including the additional saved by the early out (should they take it.) I personally was on the bubble. I think I'm safe now. May I get bumped out of base, maybe. But I will FIGHT to the last breath to protect the the ENTIRE group, and this includes the 60 currently held hostage on the street. I've done 5 years of furlough, and it did suck. But life goes on. Vote yes in this MOU and save some jobs & families!

Baja.

Baja,

Beware of pidgeonholeing all sea pilots....or we may start doing the same to u.

Dooplicate post.

Baja,

Good point, Mookie. Besides, we all know that all of the jerks are LA based. ;)

Pay no attention to them huarache sandal-wearin' surfer dudes from La La Land.

All kidding aside, next Thursday is a perfect opportunity for SEA FOs to attend the meeting for the election of the new FO rep. This is our chance to make improvements to our LEC. If you have the day off, go to the meeting and vote.

Baja,

I apologize...I should aim this at the SEA LEC. I know most of you are more interested in your snow blowers and lake boats than your protection of fellow employee's jobs and families. J/K...had to razz Baze a little!!

Baja.

Let's not all get hasty and vote in another bandaid. Make sure ya'll read and understand the ENTIRE MOU. This MOU does NOT guarantee "no further furloughs". I don't mind dropping down to even 70 hours if it means that we will get everyone back/prevent further furloughs, but this doesn't sound good from what I've read so far.

With that said, as one with his head on the chopping block, I do not yet like the MOU that is going out to memrat to supposedly mitigate 30 of the 54 furloughs.

These changes are supposed to be "temporary", but they will set a precedent and the company will want to make them permanent.

Plus, this MOU is going to do NOTHING to bring back the 60 who have been cut loose already.

Baze

It says in black and white that it will save 30 guys. It also is very clear that, at the absolute longest, it dies in a little over a year. True, it does nothing to save the 60 already out there, that'll be up to us individually.
The lines will still be built to 83 hours. The only real QOL I see is that you'll have to work a little harder to find someone to trade with pilot-to-pilot instead of Second Step. Small price to pay to save 30 families, if you ask me.

Gotta say I'm a little surprised. I figured this would have a bare minimum of 30 yes votes. To think that you'd sacrifice your job so that VSA guys can still get 150% blows my mind. I applaud your thinking long term, but submit that this is a short term proposal that will help bridge the gap till the 65ers are out.

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back