• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Article on FAA Rest Rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We just need to replace the current rules with updated scientific rules.

No additional regulations needed. The current number of regs for FT/DT can remain. In fact, if the regs are made industry standard the number of FT/DT regs can be reduced.

So called science by so called scientists will tell us nothing some good ol common sense can't. WWII pilots could fly for hours without complaining. Do you want us to be communist?

So called science by so called scientists will tell us nothing some good ol common sense can't. WWII pilots could fly for hours without complaining. Do you want us to be communist?

So now we're in a state of world war?

you're (in the truest meaning of the word), an idiot.

btw, I love how you're lecturing a 747 pilot who ACTUALLY flies all over the world, into Afghanistan and far flung places on 20+ hour duty day flights... meanwhile you're flying bugsmashers...

get some real experience and then come back with an intelligent response.

btw, I love how you're lecturing a 747 pilot who ACTUALLY flies all over the world, into Afghanistan and far flung places on 20+ hour duty day flights... meanwhile you're flying bugsmashers...

get some real experience and then come back with an intelligent response.

Well said!

And the accident rate for airliners post WWII was what again?

Cynic's sarcasm meter is off the scale.

I've been in the non-sched world my whole career. Both PAX and cargo. While much of the flying is scheduled, much is not! One set of rules is not the answer! Supplemental carriers DO provide a service to the world that sched pax and cargo operations do not. We do need some new rules, but United airlines rules do not mix well with our types of operations. Wars and natural/manmade disasters do not always happen at 8am eastern time. When a major pax carrier shucks and engine in Peru, who gets called to bring them the spare?? "Oh sorry, we can't do it right now, our boys need more sleep!" I really don't want to layover in some parts of the world that we fly too. I will gladly fly an extra hour or two so I don't have to lay over in Somalia.
You can build two different support structures for a bridge, that will be the same height and strength as each other, and be as SAFE as each other;but be different.

I've been in the non-sched world my whole career. Both PAX and cargo. While much of the flying is scheduled, much is not! One set of rules is not the answer! Supplemental carriers DO provide a service to the world that sched pax and cargo operations do not. We do need some new rules, but United airlines rules do not mix well with our types of operations. Wars and natural/manmade disasters do not always happen at 8am eastern time. When a major pax carrier shucks and engine in Peru, who gets called to bring them the spare?? "Oh sorry, we can't do it right now, our boys need more sleep!" I really don't want to layover in some parts of the world that we fly too. I will gladly fly an extra hour or two so I don't have to lay over in Somalia.
You can build two different support structures for a bridge, that will be the same height and strength as each other, and be as SAFE as each other;but be different.
thank you for a nice touch of reality in a chase for perfection in one set of rules

Agreed! But there has to some changes. 12hrs flight time, the "oh you have a flight engineer so you can stay on duty indefinitely", or "you have a business class seat for your DH to Hong Kong thats only half duty" BS needs to go.

Latest resources

Back