• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are Bose A20s worth the money?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I liked my UFM but love my A20's. The blue tooth is great for clearances at obscure airports. Probably not a factor for the 121 guys.

Not for that-
But for making a call on a quick turn while you're setting up, it is really nice

the new Dave Clarks....blow the Bose away...light, cool small....connect to the Ipad for music on allnighters or anytime the fo talks too much.....easy to call dispatch

Hi Jack,
Any recommendations for bluetooth earbuds for the iPad?

Also, used the QC15s w/UFM . . . it was really good, the A20s are in a different class. Plus, the A20s have a 5-year warranty and much mo' better sound. IMO, either is better than any on-ear headset.

Really depends on personal preference.

I had problems with my relatively new A20s (bad cord). Missed radio calls...safety of flight issue. Dealing with Bose to get a new cord was a nightmare. For $1000 I expected better.

That's wierd. I just called to have my fraying cord replaced on my two year old A20. They are sending me a new cord for free and paying return shipping for the old cord. I have been very happy with the headset overall.

That's wierd. I just called to have my fraying cord replaced on my two year old A20. They are sending me a new cord for free and paying return shipping for the old cord. I have been very happy with the headset overall.

I was told a new cord was "on it's way". Called them 10 days later to find out the new cord had not been sent. My previous headset (telex 850s) lasted over 8 years without an issue (the frame began to physically wear out from use). Having a great sounding headset is great but having a reliable headset (one that doesn't die during a critical phase of flight in less than 1.5 years) is even more important to me. I expected better.

I had an issue with my cord too. The angle at which the plugs are bent in an NG caused a break in one of them.

I called Bose from the gate in MDW, and the new cord was sitting at home when I got there 2 days later.

Flew with a capt who's FO accidentally ripped the cord in two at the internal plugs-
New cord sent and at home by the end of his trip

My CS experiences have been great. Ie: not just good- from a business owner-> great.
Bose X's lasted 12 years- at year 5.5 needed refurbishing- no problem- replacement headset sent to my overnight- mailed back in the box they came in- no charge practically a brand new headset returned in 9 days- no disruption

I've heard they're now more sticklers about the 5 year warranty

More recently, I returned the original Bose A20 for a Bluetooth version-
They sent the BT version before they received the A20 and I had them for my next trip

Everyone's mileage may vary, just like an airline experience- but that Bose report sounds out of character

(I get no commission:). )

Latest resources

Back