• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are Bose A20s worth the money?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got the A20s this last summer after 7 years with Telex 850s. I liked the small size of the telex, but in terms of quietness the A20 are a different world.
It took about 2 trips to get used to how quiet they are, can't hear engines running after start at idle. Now I did have an issue where the right ear ANR would cut out, like a loose wire, when my head moved. I called to send them back and within 24 hours of them receiving it they had shipped it overnight back. I was pissed that within 6 mos. I had issues with a $1000 headset and they have no loaners, so I had to use a telex 750, no ANR, for 2 trips. With no ANR you realize how LOUD the 737 is! Other than that hickup they are life alterring.

It took about 2 trips to get used to how quiet they are, can't hear engines running after start at idle.

Wait a minute . . . I'm supposed to hear engines running at idle? :erm:

Maybe I should've gotten a headset ten years ago, when I started flying the 737.

:eek:

I've had both Bose X and A20, X for 6 years till an arm broke, decided it was cheaper to buy new, and now the A20 for four years still going strong. Both required a new mike within a month or three which was sitting at my house before I got back from the trip I was on. Well worth it, no fatigue at night due to noise.

Bose A20 Users......

Does the Aux Audio chord plug into an Ipad or Iphone(is that what it's for)? Also, does anyone have the Bluetooth mod? Same question, can you run Ipad/Iphone through the bluetooth? Thanks!

The aux audio cord fits into an iPhone. The Bluetooth will only work with your phone unless there is some sort of workaround I don't know about.

Another vote for the UFM. I've had mine for a year-and-a-half and have never had a single problem with them.

I recently switched from copper top Duracells to the Energizer batteries for electronics (silver cover) and am getting almost two months of solid use from each battery.

I don't need Bluetooth and saved a bundle over the A20's. (That's how I can afford to pay for drinks for the SWA probies that are abandoned by their slam/click Captains.) ;-)

Buy the A20. Just do it. :). (And I have my old UFM on Ebay, don't buy that. Buy A20!)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back