• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Approaches-Busting Minimums!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what's your point, visibility is controlling and for 135, 1800 RVR is the min. so at 200, if you see the lead in lights you can go down 100 ft. that is below minimums.

Now that you have collected this great random sampling of data , what are you going to do?

do the "nays have it? or the "yeahs"?

The F/O lived (both legs amputated)

That's truly horrible. I remember seeing this one guy who used to show up at the flight school in a wheel chair to fly with an instructor. He was a CFI or line pilot at some point before being involved in a serious car crash which left him paralyzed from the waist down. It was very sad to watch.

okay, nope means what? you can't be dispatched to your destination if vis is less than prescribed mins.

that is why we can go with 100/1/2.

if vis sank to less than 1/2 or prescribed after I was inside the marker then I can continue... what did I forget or mistake?

I don't go below mins, period. Forecasts and Weather reports aren't perfect.

Last edited:
Climbhappy...I see your point but, it's "No lower than 100 feet above TDZE provided the red side row bars are visible". Not all runways are ALSF 2 lighting. Remember: you dispatch on Forecasts (TAF) and land with METAR. Not everyone is Exemption 3585...if this pertains to your current ops.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back