• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Approaches-Busting Minimums!!

G-force

Total Time
5200 +
How many pilots on this forum would knowingly BUST minimums on an instrument approach in IMC conditions in order to keep their job???

The type of approach does not matter(ILS,GPS,VOR,NDB,LDA).

Just serious replies only!!

Last edited:

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
No problemo!

I knowingly do it all the time now that I've replaced you over at Wings. Thanks for being such a screwup, otherwise I wouldn't have this fine chieftain opportunity. :laugh:

avbug

Total Time
n/a
How many pilots on this forum would knowingly BUST minimums on an instrument approach in IMC conditions in order to keep their job???

Of course not.

You want serious replies to such a question? Ask a serious question. Surely you must be joking.

mynameisjim

Don't try this at home
Total Time
Paycut
I refuse to answer that question on the basis that it may incriminate me.

PURPLEHAZE21

Total Time
69+
"It's right at mins"....I think that's the response your looking for when the controller asks "how was the approach".

JAFI

Total Time
8000+
"It's right at mins"....I think that's the response your looking for when the controller asks "how was the approach".

Unless there is a person on the ground with a video camera and the Judge doesn't "buy" your answer as to at what altitude you broke out. The same goes for buzzing people on the ground. Many people have cameras and they send the pictures to the FSDO. The best pictures hang on the Inspectors walls. There are some very good cameras out there and the tail numbers are very clear.

G-force

Total Time
5200 +
Question Not Answered!!!

All of the posters on this thread STILL have not answered the QUESTION!!

ackattacker

Client 9
Total Time
hah!

If I had that type of job then I'd have quit long before I ever stepped foot on the plane. There's a serious answer.

JAFI

Total Time
8000+

You want pilots to admit they would knowly break a safety regulation? Can you say "Careless and Reckless"?

Minimums are there to keep you alive, I did not bust minimums when I was flying. If I was running out of fuel, on fire, or having a heart attack I would use my Emergency Authority and do what I had to do to meet the emergency. If your job/boss calls on you to have every flight as an emergency - go find another job.

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X
Looks like G-Farce busted mins and he looking for company to make himself feel better....

avbug

Total Time
n/a
Question Not Answered!!!

Really? Which part of "Of course not" did you not understand?

Would I as a pilot knowingly bust minimums? Of course not. Would I do it to keep my job? Of course not. You can ask the question over and over with little enticers flown in there all you like...and the answer remains the same.

I did have a prospective employer tell me across the interview table that he expected his employers to occasionally violate duty and flight times, and on occasion break minimums. I was offered the job; it was the only offer I had in an extended spell of unemployment...and I turned it down.

Of course not. Not because the employer wants it, not because I'm desperate to eat, not because I'm about to be out on the street. Compromise your principles, and you have nothing left. Pleasing an unprofessional and illegal employer by violating those principles is NOT worth the price...any price.

What is it about "of course not" that you don't understand, again?

atr42flyer

Total Time
well are we talking about the go home leg? i dont think they have mins for that one.

PURPLEHAZE21

Total Time
69+
If you want your answer, go to ACK or MVY airport during the summer and watch the hundreds of planes land with less than minimums. The driving for is "money" not "Safety".