• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Approaches-Busting Minimums!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"It's right at mins"....I think that's the response your looking for when the controller asks "how was the approach".

Unless there is a person on the ground with a video camera and the Judge doesn't "buy" your answer as to at what altitude you broke out. The same goes for buzzing people on the ground. Many people have cameras and they send the pictures to the FSDO. The best pictures hang on the Inspectors walls. There are some very good cameras out there and the tail numbers are very clear.

Question Not Answered!!!

All of the posters on this thread STILL have not answered the QUESTION!!

How many pilots on this forum would knowingly BUST minimums on an instrument approach in IMC conditions in order to keep their job???

The type of approach does not matter(ILS,GPS,VOR,NDB,LDA).

Just serious replies only!!

If I had that type of job then I'd have quit long before I ever stepped foot on the plane. There's a serious answer.

You want pilots to admit they would knowly break a safety regulation? Can you say "Careless and Reckless"?

Minimums are there to keep you alive, I did not bust minimums when I was flying. If I was running out of fuel, on fire, or having a heart attack I would use my Emergency Authority and do what I had to do to meet the emergency. If your job/boss calls on you to have every flight as an emergency - go find another job.

icon13.gif
Question Not Answered!!!

Really? Which part of "Of course not" did you not understand?

Would I as a pilot knowingly bust minimums? Of course not. Would I do it to keep my job? Of course not. You can ask the question over and over with little enticers flown in there all you like...and the answer remains the same.

I did have a prospective employer tell me across the interview table that he expected his employers to occasionally violate duty and flight times, and on occasion break minimums. I was offered the job; it was the only offer I had in an extended spell of unemployment...and I turned it down.

Of course not. Not because the employer wants it, not because I'm desperate to eat, not because I'm about to be out on the street. Compromise your principles, and you have nothing left. Pleasing an unprofessional and illegal employer by violating those principles is NOT worth the price...any price.

What is it about "of course not" that you don't understand, again?

If you want your answer, go to ACK or MVY airport during the summer and watch the hundreds of planes land with less than minimums. The driving for is "money" not "Safety".

Latest resources

Back