• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Appears to be a citation down in carlsbad, ca

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Avbug, not sure what you mean about carrying extra speed when there is wind, maybe you could explain??:confused:

501261 said:
One thing I'd like to know is if the Glide Slope had been fixed yet, when I went in there last Thursday (1/19) the G/S was OTS. Obviously now the entire ILS is OTS.

When I went in there last Thursday, SOCAL on 127.2 cleared me for the ILS 24, I didn't think much of it since I had just gotten the airport in sight (4000' Overcast, clear beneath), but the glideslope clearly was OTS (just as the NOTAM said).

Is there a historical NOTAM
Not sure how long this one has been up, but it's still curent:

Data Current as of: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 05:15:00 GMT

KCRQ MC CLELLAN-PALOMAR
01/009 - 24 ILS OTS WIE UNTIL UFN

Say Again Over said:
Hey Avbug, not sure what you mean about carrying extra speed when there is wind, maybe you could explain??:confused:

That's that fudge speed you maintain until you're over the "fence".

slow down internet posters...has anyone given thought they might have been in an emergency descent and it hasn't been released yet? Could they have been on fire....could they have had dual flameouts and they were trying to make sure they reached the runway? If they were engine out the speed adjustment on final could have been trying to make the runway without the ability to go around, etc. etc. ... hey, there are many reasons we can speculate....and I know it is hard not too...but I would give the benefit of the doubt until more comes out. We cannot really speculate on this event realistically until the CVR data...reports from ATC, etc. are released. May they rest in peace.

again...speculation doesn't do anything...but if the emergency happened in the low teens...and they were very busy handling it...who knows? They already had CRQ programmed in...maybe they already had it in sight...I just don't know. I just hate all the early speculation framing crew error or something...let it come out official...

When flying down in LA yesterday, there were several times when the winds were being reported on the surface as 3-5 kts. 200 feet off the runway on approach, our FMS was indicating 15-25 kts. Santa Ana winds have prevailed in Socal over the past few days. We landed East in LAX all day yesterday until later on in the evening. That was with the surface winds being reported at no stronger than 5 kts. The winds at Palomar this morning might have been much stronger just a few hundred feet off the runway than what the ASOS was reporting. No room for error with that short runway.

Maybe they crashed due to the winds moving in one direction while they were moving in another direction. Maybe at the last minute the runway moved and that caused the crash, or maybe there was some sort of magnetic anomaly that caused the DGs to swing and therefor they increased speed because one of the pax like to drive fast cars. Maybe the new contract at Netjets had something to do with it.

Maybe the crash was due to the overwhelming number of idiots who post here on flightinfo, thank god you all don't work for the NTSB. Never have I read such stupid assumptions for the cause of a crash. All we know so far is that 4 people have died and you all in your infinite wisdom need to prove your intelligence by determining the cause of the crash within an hour by simply reading news reports.

I was in CRQ a few hours after it happend, I checked flightaware.com, looked under their tail number, and saw that their groundspeed at 300 feet was 227 knots. Wanted to make sure data was somewhat reliable, so we completed our flight to Denver, and looked at our data for the flight, 300 feet above the airport, our groundspeed was 103.

From what the people at the FBO said, they were fast high, and landed too far down the runway, attempted to takeoff again, and struck airport stuff.

Very sad.

I did a 4 week long gig down in CRQ at an office facility that is right by the departure end of 24. There is elevation difference but it amazes me that they are putting buildings like mushrooms around that airport.
At the time their website had nothing but NIMBY information.. Airports, regardless of their prime real estate locations have to have some protected zone around them.. But of course, the locals are too greedy because of the real estate taxes..

RIP to the lost ones.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back