• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Appears to be a citation down in carlsbad, ca

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did a quick Google search on pax Frank Jellinek. There is someone with his name, who looks like him, who liked to compete in pro/am race car competitions. I wonder if that has some relationship to the speed on approach?

Annie said:
I did a quick Google search on pax Frank Jellinek. There is someone with his name, who looks like him, who liked to compete in pro/am race car competitions. I wonder if that has some relationship to the speed on approach?

Annie, c'mon. This was in poor taste. Get real chk!

What??

If your doing over 200 kts at 300 feet you'd better be "leaving" the runway and not landing on it.

And to the others who made smart comments as well...I didn't say 200 knots was an appropriate speed at all. SoCal has been getting strong winds for a couple of days, and what I did say is that in windy or gusty conditions, extra speed isn't unwarranted.

We do not know his speed on approach, nor do we know more than four are dead, neither did I speculate further about the matter.

This will provide just another reason for those nuts down there to try and restrict that airport...

Guitar Rocker:

When did trying to understand the human factors involved in an aircraft trajedy, require one to "get real" (whatever that means)? Excuse me, but I happen to know, that many scientists consider the possibility of systemic relationships--be they human, or mechanical an essential factor in the equation.

Annie said:
When did trying to understand the human factors involved in an aircraft trajedy, require one to "get real" (whatever that means)? Excuse me, but I happen to know, that many scientists consider the possibility of systemic relationships--be they human, or mechanical an essential factor in the equation.

The possible occupation of race car driver for passenger might be a factor in the crews approach speed?????

Care to try and explain this one?

:confused:

Ill Mitch said:
That describes CRQ's runway to a tee.

KILGORE: "It's hairy. Got some pretty heavy ordnance there. I lost a few recon ships there now and again. Is that goddang village Vin Drin Dop or Lop ? dang gook names all sound the same. Mike, do you know anything about that point at Vin Drin Dop ?"

MIKE: "That's a fantastic peak. "

KILGORE: "Peak ?"

MIKE: "About six feet. It got both the long right with left slide.
It's unbelieveable, it's just Tube City..."

KILGORE: " Well why the hell didn't you tell me that before ? There aren't any good peaks in this whole, shootty country. It's all goddang beach break."

MIKE: "It's really hairy in there,sir. That's where we lost McDonnel...they shot the hell out of us. That's...Charlie's point."

WILLARD: "Sir, we can go there tomorrow at dawn. There's always
a good off-shore breeze in the morning."

CHIEF: "We may not be able to get the boat in. The river may be too
shallow."

KILGORE: " We'll pick your boat up and put it down like a baby, right
where you want it. This is First of the Ninth, Air Cav,son- airmobile.
I can take that point and hold it as long as I like -- and you can
get anywhere you want up that river that suits you, young captain.
Hell, a six foot peak.

You take a gunship back to division -- Mike, take Lance with you -- let
him pick out a board, and bring me my Yater Spoon -- the eight six."

MIKE: "I don't know, sir -- it's -- it's --"

KILGORE: "What is it soldier?

MIKE: "It's pretty hairy in there - it's Charlie's point..."

KILGORE: "Charlie don't surf !"
:beer:

The radar data from http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N86CE/tracklog shows them on a 7 mile final at 4100' MSL and 262 kts groundspeed, two reports for the same fix of a one mile final the first is 2300' MSL doing 277 kts over the ground and than 1200' MSL (900' AGL) doing 209 over the ground, and the next and last fix is at field elevation doing 227 kts over the ground a mile southwest of the field.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back