APDL Palm emulator for the Iphone/Palm Pre

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crash312

I'm looking at either the Iphone or Palm Pre, but use APDL (Airline Pilot Daily Log) electronic logbook and don't want to switch. The APDL people are saying they might have Iphone or Pre versions at some point but I can't wait, my treo just broke.

Is there anybody that has an Iphone with the styletap emulator or the Pre with the Motionapps Classic emulators and are able to fully use the APDL including importing trips from FLICA?

If not does, the Iphone have any log programs that can import from Flica or Crewtrac?

Thanks

Palm offers a Palm OS for the Palm Pre. (The Pre runs on WebOS) So I'm guessing ADPL will work.

Anyone tried CrewTrac with the Pre yet?

Web OS is a whole different ball game. The classic emulator will let you run APDL but from what I understand you no longer have the ability to sync the log with Logbook Pro. Not sure if you can even import schedules either. I haven't tried it yet. My new Pre is nothing more than an expensive paperweight right now. I am waiting for a new shipment to get it replaced.
What I was going to do was pick up a cheap used palm pilot off ebay and just leave it in my flight bag just to run ADPL. That way I am not stuck to a phone that supports ADPL.

What I was going to do was pick up a cheap used palm pilot off ebay and just leave it in my flight bag just to run ADPL. That way I am not stuck to a phone that supports ADPL.

Easiest, least stress free way. Take it home once a month to sync up and download the schedules.

I was thinking the same thing too but was hoping APDL would be able to run with the emulator. If you get it to run let me know. If it doesn't I'm back to the Iphone vs. Pre dilemna.

Easiest, least stress free way. Take it home once a month to sync up and download the schedules.

Bingo!

That's exactly what I do. Easiest and cheapest way to keep logbook pro and have the phone you want.

The logbook pro / APDL is so outdated its not even funny. The program is virtually the same as it was several years ago. The mobile version is clunky, and not user friendly. The computer based software feels like an access database (which it basically is). Not to slam the authors, it was great when it came out... but is so outdated now.

I am developing an airline logbook app for pre. it will sync automatically over a web based version, to hold your logbook info online.

Latest resources

Back