• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APDL Palm emulator for the Iphone/Palm Pre

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is anyone out there using APDL with LogTenPro? Looking to make the switch (PC to MAC), but don't want to give up APDL until a comparable (or better) app comes along for the IPhone. Anyone?

I am currently running Logbook Pro on PC, also what about moving that to MAC w/windows emulator and APDL?

Peace.

Rekks

Its been a few weeks, how do you guys like the Palm Pre?

701EC

Its been a few weeks, how do you guys like the Palm Pre?

701EC

I've just come to terms with the fact that for now, I'm going to have to use the emulator and deal with the small buttons on APDL. I think it's BS they haven't updated the software, but that's just the way it is.

As far as the phone goes, it's pretty good. There are still a few quirks (like not being able to change the SFX for text messages and lack of bluetooth connectivity... it only works for audio devices) but Palm has come out with 4 updates to the OS since June, so I'm hoping that stuff will get fixed some time. The updates they have done have drastically sped up the OS and I've seen a pretty good improvment in battery life.

The big disapointment is the lack of apps. There are still only the same 30 that there were on launch day. The SDK went out to developers in the last few weeks, so that may change soon. I don't really need the farting app that the Iphone has, but having some other stuff would be nice.

I considered the same thing until during a family reunion over Thanksgiving. My brother has an I Phone and he let me try it for a hour or more. It only took me about 10 minutes to decide that I didn't care for the touch screen keyboard and prefer an actual keyboard with buttons. Maybe I would have gotten used to it but that 1st and only experience convinced me not to get one.

Don't let the keyboard thing throw you. Even some guy named Steve Jobs said at the end of the first day he wanted to throw the phone out the window. You DO get used to it.

Latest resources

Back