• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA Pilots polled. No to age 60.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least there is SOME resisntence now. Blakely will have an opposing voice of over 12,000 pilots from "the worlds largest airline." And by a large margin. That and the old ALPA vote still show's 56% of them are opposed to change. That leaves SWA (groan) as the loan voice of the major airlines.

Gup

Add that to the historic benchmarks of the profession List:
1)B-scale
2)Scope relief for Small jet operators (Eagle)
3) Staple is past practice for ALL future airline acquisitions
4) The only reason other airlines exist is because APA pilots cant do
everything....yet
5)If the APA is the high water mark of unionism then this profession
isn't dead its mummified.

This list is just scratching the surface. The APA has done more to destroy the leverage of this profession than you can possibly imagine. The court rulings as a result of the illegal sick-out were enough to decimate RLA labor law. We'll be trying to recover from those rulings for decades to come.

This list is just scratching the surface. The APA has done more to destroy the leverage of this profession than you can possibly imagine. The court rulings as a result of the illegal sick-out were enough to decimate RLA labor law. We'll be trying to recover from those rulings for decades to come.

With ALPA bending over for the geezers, we will be trying to recover for decades from the 60-65 rule change. Praters moves regarding the age change are indefensible. Perhaps the APA should start guaging current ALPA represented pilots to see if they would entertain the thought of dropping ALPA in favor of the APA. There are a bunch of folks disatisfied with the Woerth era ALPA concessions. Praters Era is off to a rough start with his pandering to the almost AARP crowd. I am sure the APA could find some supporters....

Coming from you that is something else....

AAflyer

Out of curiosity do you know the events of the sick out? When and why the TRO was filed? Just curios, because your post smells of a spattering of info that anyone could pick up at bar, however it lacks anything with meat.

Do me a favor and look into your own house before you throw rocks.

What about the court rulings revolving around Delta not picking up overtime, talk about destroying leverage.

Last edited:
What does the NPA think

Our "leadership" is for changing it to 65. As far as the AirTran pilot group...I don't know and neither does the NPA because they haven't polled anyone. At least not in the last 2 - 3 years...and we've hired almost half of the current pilot group in that time. WTF??

Our "leadership" is for changing it to 65. As far as the AirTran pilot group...I don't know and neither does the NPA because they haven't polled anyone. At least not in the last 2 - 3 years...and we've hired almost half of the current pilot group in that time. WTF??

Thanks, good to know.

AAflyer

Sorry, but this makes zero sense. It's incredibly ironic that you're assailing APA over ALPA (regarding detriment to the RLA) on a thread about CAL!? ALPA did not handle Lorenzo well; AND: It would take APA another 100 years to screw up this profession worse than ALPA. It pains me to say it, I wish ALPA was better, but if UAL had bought TWA, no TWA pilots would be flying for them. And ALPA would have let it go without a peep!

The sick out was ballsy. And it might have worked if APA was AFL-CIO. APA is a better union than than ALPA in the last 7 years IMHO.

Gents... you gotta take what PCL128 says with a grain of salt.

He seems like a nice guy, but he's genuinely infatuated with ALPA, and you can't really reason with an individual like that.

He seems like a nice guy, but he's genuinely infatuated with ALPA, and you can't really reason with an individual like that.

Infatuated? Hardly. ALPA has many problems. No doubt about that. The difference is that I work within the system and will hopefully be able to affect change within the organization eventually. Certain people on this board would rather complain and whine than volunteer their time and work to make things better.

I actually agree with the APA pilots and I'm glad that such an overwhelming majority of them disapprove of a rule change. I wish the ALPA polling had indicated such a massive level of support for the current rule. Unfortunately, no amount of polling is going to change this NPRM. The rule is going to change, and nothing the APA does will change that fact. I'm just glad that we have a representative (Captain Prater) on the ARC that will direct the rule change. The APA has no voice in this process. That would concern me if I was an APA member.

PCL128 said:
Unfortunately, no amount of polling is going to change this NPRM. The rule is going to change, and nothing the APA does will change that fact. I'm just glad that we have a representative (Captain Prater) on the ARC that will direct the rule change.

Most people infatuated with something or someone generally don't recognize it...

Latest resources

Back