• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APA Pilots polled. No to age 60.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what you're saying is that an arbitrator (remember, that's what ALPA Merger Policy demands) would've awarded a staple job to TWA? On what precedent do you base that opinion on? We'll be hearing from our arbitrator by June but nobody expects that he'll staple all or for that matter any active US Airways pilots to the AWA list. And USAir in May 2005 was at least as bad off, if not more so, than TWA was in January 2001.

Don't try to read your own situation into it, that's different.

What I'm saying is: there is actual evidence that an ALPA to ALPA merger might have been worse than what APA did to TWAALPA. As evidenced by what UALALPA did to FALALPA in the late 80s.

Recall what UALALPA's RD stated about the late 90s proposed outright purchase of AW? He specifically made sure it was termed a "purchase", to preclude ALPA merger policy.

Perhaps in the interest of safety APA would permit Direct Entry Captains selected from the recent age 60 forced retirements at all the ALPA carriers??;)

It is fascinating to read things like this. Those, who's career advancement was so much more singuliarly bolstered by pure seniority, love to suggest such lofty things of themselves when seniority becomes provisional.

Where do you think you would be absent seniority? You might be the greatest pilot in the world, but odds are, you wouldn't have nearly the career you've enjoyed if someone short circuited your seniority.

Also, I have seen research on American airlines accidents--in all of their accidents in their history the captain has been 53 yrs of age or younger--so I guess in the interest of safety, all captains at American should be 54 yrs old or older.

Airfogey

I'll bet all of them were under 19 years old too. Maybe all their pilots should be 18?

Latest resources

Back