• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone who is flying for Republic...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a good friend who works at Shuttle and he has a new story just about every week. From 12 hr. credit 4 day trips(no cancellation pay) or getting to the overnight and scheduling adding another round trip. 16 deadheads in one month at 75% pay. He said that basically a 4 day trip is like being on ready reserve. He had a cnx in JFK in the morning with the next trip not for another 8 hrs later and scheduling told the crew they were unable to get a hotel because it was not a scheduled overnight!! Plus it sounds like management just pokes holes through the contract with no recourse from the union. He'd probably leave if it wasn't for the training contract.

I have a good friend who works at Shuttle and he has a new story just about every week. From 12 hr. credit 4 day trips(no cancellation pay) or getting to the overnight and scheduling adding another round trip. 16 deadheads in one month at 75% pay. He said that basically a 4 day trip is like being on ready reserve. He had a cnx in JFK in the morning with the next trip not for another 8 hrs later and scheduling told the crew they were unable to get a hotel because it was not a scheduled overnight!! Plus it sounds like management just pokes holes through the contract with no recourse from the union. He'd probably leave if it wasn't for the training contract.

That is absolute bullcrap flamebait....get your facts right....scheduling sucks...YES....four days arent worth crap...but if the layover is 5 or more hours they are required to get you a hotel room....this happens frequently....and they have to abide by it per the CBA....granted there are routinley 4 hr. and 59 minute layovers, as well as direct contract violations with scheduling....but 8 hours is blatently obvious....if he had an 8 hour layover, didnt get a hotel room and didnt grieve it its his own fault....

There are much better flying jobs out there once you get the experience.. I think the company treats us like dirt. One the bright side, you build hours fast and quick upgrade right now. Get your time and move on. All regionals suck.

That is absolute bullcrap flamebait....get your facts right....scheduling sucks...YES....four days arent worth crap...but if the layover is 5 or more hours they are required to get you a hotel room....this happens frequently....and they have to abide by it per the CBA....granted there are routinley 4 hr. and 59 minute layovers, as well as direct contract violations with scheduling....but 8 hours is blatently obvious....if he had an 8 hour layover, didnt get a hotel room and didnt grieve it its his own fault....

This happens quite often on the republic side. They cancel a flight then refuse the hotel room on the basis that it was not a "scheduled" layover but a non normal ops event. This happen to me, I argued the case to no avail.

Next time I had them fax me a copy of the new schedule, just for crew clarification purposes mind you.....then called for the hotel room with my new schedule in hand, complete with the 7.5 hour layover printed right on it. We got rooms.

I'm leaving RAH as a senior Chautauqua captain to start at JetBlue. This place has great potential with the 170 product and good code-shares but management seems determined to walk all over labor just because they can. Not the worst place by any means but there are other good options out there; I enjoyed my last 6 months far less than my first 4 years. If you're in TX I'd seriously consider Eagle or ExpressJet.

If you have a 5 or 6 hour sit and they don't give you a hotel room, tell them you'll be calling in fatigued right before your next flight. That'll get you a hotel room real quick.

My second regional. Better than the first one. Once I can bid from Shuttle to Republic and be based home, I wouldn't mind handing out here for a while.

Wow. Not at all what I experienced at the JB interview... Is it sizzling a little in here?

Latest resources

Back