Anyone who is flying for Republic...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Clarification

No worries man, I actually meant the guy who posted that comment in the other forum was a flamer. Lots of ex-CHQers over at JB, including the ones who helped me. I'm sure they have their 2 percenters like anyone. The pilot group at CHQ is one of the few things I'll miss; good luck in your continuing career there.

I have been at RAH for almost a year. I have liked it here so far. I average 14-15 days off a month and just about every trip is commutable on one end if not both (for my base). I Average about 85 hours of credit. Like most airlines we are short on pilots, especially captains. We have our share of problems,(crew sched, mgt) but like everyone else has said its a regional. I came from another regional and it is way better. Upgrades are running 2-3 years depending on the plane and base. If you have any specific questions feel free to pm me. Good luck with your decision.

That is absolute bullcrap flamebait....get your facts right....scheduling sucks...YES....four days arent worth crap...but if the layover is 5 or more hours they are required to get you a hotel room....this happens frequently....and they have to abide by it per the CBA....granted there are routinley 4 hr. and 59 minute layovers, as well as direct contract violations with scheduling....but 8 hours is blatently obvious....if he had an 8 hour layover, didnt get a hotel room and didnt grieve it its his own fault....

no this is not flamebait, this kind of stuff happens all the time, they really dont care.

No worries man, I actually meant the guy who posted that comment in the other forum was a flamer. Lots of ex-CHQers over at JB, including the ones who helped me. I'm sure they have their 2 percenters like anyone. The pilot group at CHQ is one of the few things I'll miss; good luck in your continuing career there.

I'm one of the ex-CHQer's here at JetBlue. The "culture shock" you're going to experience is like moving out of hell.

Productive trips...at least on the Bus.

And line guarantee. Holy crap I thought I'd die last night when they took me off my trip because I wouldn't get my required rest and realized that I was pay protected for sitting home all night. At CHQ, they would have delayed the departure so I'd get the minimum rest and told me to enjoy my 5 hours of sleep.

Cooperation from scheduling. When I was on reserve, I had a scheduler spend all morning calling me to tell me I was released from a late night trip because it was my last day of reserve and they didn't want me to work too late on my last day of reserve. I almost passed out.

And BUH-BYE Joesama bin Cespedes....I've spoken to a scheduler at JetBlue maybe 4 times in 4 months.

Chief Pilot office that actually supports you.

FLICA...holy crap you're not gonna believe what you can do with FLiCA. My second month as a line holder...85 hours with 17 days off.

CHQ was great for what I used it for....a quick upgrade. Other than that...Bedford and his hoodlums could give one rat's a$$ about the pilot group there. By the way...he makes 4 times what the JetBlue CEO makes and JetBlue's CEO donates his entire salary to an employee assistance program.

Except for our health insurance...which needs a major overhaul...you're gonna love it here. Welcome and good luck!

no this is not flamebait, this kind of stuff happens all the time, they really dont care.

You and your boy need to grew a set andstand your ground... and quit being told what you are gonna do by a scheduler, they dont even know their own jobs- Let alone how we do ours.

There are a few good threads on our own Message boards right now about this. People are finally standing their ground and getting results.

my worst day at Republic is still 100 times better than my best day flying part 135 cargo...

Latest resources

Back