Anyone see that news clip?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kream926 said:
ever see that video of the fighter jet trying do to a go around but couldnt cause of induced drag? correct me if im wrong but isnt induced drag more <whats the word im looking for here> in jets than it is piston props?

It was called the Sabre Dance....F-86's were prone to it.

~DC

"it didn't even start to rotate until the thousand foot markers...."

Maybe they were just trying to use some of the runway that Air France didn't!

regards,

Juan

Donsa320 said:
It was called the Sabre Dance....F-86's were prone to it.

~DC

I think thats a F-100 in the video your talking about. The footage of that was used in the movie "the hunters" (and maybe some other movies) where they were flying 86's. Its all "george" you know.

I think learlove is right on this one. Back when my unit flew F-100's they lost a plane right here on the field and unfortunatly a pilot or two who go into "sabre dance."

ToiletDuck said:
Did anyone see the newsclip today of the C-5 taking off with supplies in it to try and help that Russian crew? My friend and I were freaking out. The reporters and everyone didn't notice but it didn't even start to rotate until the thousand foot markers and went wheels up with about 300ft left. Pretty interesting.

So whats the big deal? What is so interesting?

Dangerkitty said:
So whats the big deal? What is so interesting?
Hysteria...it's a fad that's gripping the land.

The first signs of national hysteria, was the movie, "Reefer Madness".

Then, there was, "Guess who's coming to dinner?" with Sidney Portier.

Next thing you know, the movies, "The Russians are coming!", "A Clockwork Orange" and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", damb near sent the country into a grave yard hysteria spiral...along with the book, "A Catcher in the Rye".

Some how or another, Hoola Hoops, Mood Rings, Pet Rocks, Ninja Turtles, Cabbage Patch Dolls, INXS, politically correctedness, hyphen-Americans and "Reality TV", got into the frey and now the whole country has gone bonkers with HYSTERIA.

I can't tell you any more than that, Miss Kitty Kat will have to fill you in with the "Nitty Gritty" if you have any more questions...

FN FAL said:
Hysteria...it's a fad that's gripping the land.

Like this gem from last week, regarding the Air France accident:

DAS at 10/250 said:
But instead of whinning on this board and sending hate emails why don't you spend your energy saying a prayer for these poor people or at least wishing them the best of luck. A lot of people lost someone they love today. Somebody's kid is dead. Somebody's dad is gone. Somebody's mother is never coming home.

I think by the time a C-5 pilot is running a mission like that, I think (hope?) he knows what he's doing.

My TV is fubar right now so I didn't get to see it, what base did they leave from?

Latest resources

Back