• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone heard from NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read today first interview is Aug 21. Haven't heard anything on the process yet. Will be a simulator to assess flying skill and CRM. Initially, competitive canadates are those with 3500+ TT, 2000+ ME, 1000+ PIC, 121 experience, and a 4 year degree. Will post more when info is available.

Last edited:
Talked to Troy and Michelle this afternoon.

The ATI's going to line start early next month. Pat S. (Safety manager) will be the first. The rest will follow. The interviews set for this month will be the "internals" (I didn't find out who they were).

The full HR cadre will be in place by the end of this month. No decision yet on the PCI. The quals of the apps on file are as you summarized.

(I was extra extra smiley and polite. I think I'm in!)

Same thing happened in '94. Marlene B. (RIP) was the on-scene HR worker...but moved to Second Fiddle as soon as pilot hiring started. HR brought in Marie E. to be the boss of the program. Marlene then worked for Marie. Marlene did interviews...Marie made the policy decisions.

I didn't know that Marlene had passed away... What a truly nice lady she was. Interviewing with her was like sitting down for a cup of tea with your dear old aunt. I hope NW HR can find someone decent to fill her shoes.

Thanks for the updates Occam.

I talked to a guy who used to be a ground school instructor over at NWA. He's working the ropes to get back at NWA as a pilot so he's been talking to friends over there. They say the first class will be in October.

I beg your forgiveness, what is an "ATI" and "PCI?"
ATI is an instructor that is not a line pilot. They teach "ground school," labs and part-task trainers. They work at bldg T (NAATCO) and are not on the pilot seniority list. I think PCI was supposed to be PIC. They hadn't put out word on the PIC (Pilot in Command) quals. Cheers.

Latest resources

Back