Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This just in:

The "Silver Bullet" program is back!

Active pilots can recommend a candidate, and get them "head-of-the-line" access to the interview (based on quals).

Some strings attached, but it's open online right now.

Need to use recommending pilot's email address to make it work.

If the candidate tubes it...no more "Silver Bullet" for the pilot giving the rec.

Poolies start interviewing tommorrow (not new candidates...these are the "old" guys)

This just in:

The "Silver Bullet" program is back!

Active pilots can recommend a candidate, and get them "head-of-the-line" access to the interview (based on quals).

Some strings attached, but it's open online right now.

Need to use recommending pilot's email address to make it work.

If the candidate tubes it...no more "Silver Bullet" for the pilot giving the rec.

Poolies start interviewing tommorrow (not new candidates...these are the "old" guys)

Hi Occam's Razor

Thanks for the good insights you provide into NWA hiring. Though I'm not thrilled with how the legacies pay rates and work rules have been decimated post 9/11, I've got my application in, as NW would be a big step up from my current job. We'll see what happens as they screen things over the next 30-45 days, I'm hoping to get called as I more than meet the requirements (almost 6000tt, 1200 turbine PIC). Either DTW or MSP domicile would work for me, I'd be content relocating there and with the reserve life....

FCN.

Last edited:
What do you mean tubes it?

The interview or training? Just curious.

Just wondering???

I was offered employment by NWA in May of 2001 but never made it to class (Still have the congratulation letter). Then after 9/11 I did get the letter that said they would contact me again when they resumed hiring.

Well, I am still waiting??? For those of you that are in the same position and was waiting for classes, when did you interview and what did they say about the interview process this time around.

Thanks.

Just wondering???

I was offered employment by NWA in May of 2001 but never made it to class (Still have the congratulation letter). Then after 9/11 I did get the letter that said they would contact me again when they resumed hiring.

Well, I am still waiting??? For those of you that are in the same position and was waiting for classes, when did you interview and what did they say about the interview process this time around.

Thanks.

Check you address with them!

The pilots getting called in tommorrow are those who were in the pre-9/11 pool.

What do you mean tubes it?

The interview or training? Just curious.

At any time after they receive your recommendation letter...to the recommendee's "Off Probabtion" date.

If you cough-up your NWA ID during that time...your Sugar Daddy loses his recommending superpowers.

What do you by "tubes it"? If he doesn't pass the interview? If he fails training? Doesn't make it through IOE? Quits in the first year?

I can understand the last three, but if a guy doesn't get hired, it seems unfair to penalize existing employees if a guy screws an interview up or doesn't have the magic to get hired.

What do you by "tubes it"? If he doesn't pass the interview? If he fails training? Doesn't make it through IOE? Quits in the first year?

I can understand the last three, but if a guy doesn't get hired, it seems unfair to penalize existing employees if a guy screws an interview up or doesn't have the magic to get hired.

I don't understand what you mean by "penalize"?

You recommend someone. They don't get hired...or they goon it before they're off probation. You can't use your head-of-the-line recommendation fora year after that.

That's a "penalty"?

What is the penalty? Do they cut your pay? Make you bid red-eyes? How exactly are you harmed by losing your recommendations for a year?

What am I missing here?

Latest resources

Back