Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone has training contract and what type!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The way I look at it, all your pilots were brought on before this crap came out.

None of you should sign. If they want to fire the whole company at once then fine. Let them find some other idiots to sign that thing. (I know it will not be me)

Also, if they try to let everybody go one at a time until they get newbies trained, all should resign at once.

Five years is insane unless they are paying 6 figures. Back in good times, 5 years could take you from a CFI all the the way to a Major if you busted your butt and hit the upgrade cycles right. Even now it is a long time in your aviation career if your aspirations are for bigger and better things.

Wrong Act700

You could not be further from the truth!! When properly written, a training contract will and has held up in court. Do your homework. Employment contracts are not enforceable in many states that are "Right to Work States" but a training reembursement contract is very enforceable, to and including garnishment of wages up to 30% according to our attorney.

As far as people only leaving due to working conditions, YOU ARE SO STEREO TYPING!! We pay NBAA wages, our oldest aircraft is a 2000 model with 600 hours, only maintained by the factory. Our crews are also Flight Safety trained and I Type every pilot. We do part 135, and we have scheduled days off. If you have worked for all of the "scumbag" operations, then YOU are not doing YOUR home work. Talk to current or past employees. I am currently inviting all of our job candidates to talk to present and past employees.

We do not OWE you 15,000 in training just for your bad attitude just to grace us with you presence and then leave to months later.

I wonder how you would do it if the training fee was comming our of your pocket. I bet you would suddenly be in favor of these contracts.

400A,

your outfit is one of a very few, the way you make it sound.

Keep in mind that not all outfits maintain their a/c through the manufacturer.

Also, the scumbag outfit reference: I do not say that everywhere I have worked the conditions were horrible, but some places you just wonder how they can get away with the stuff they do.
Also, a lot of friends in this business share their stories with me, and it all comes down to one thing: There are upstanding companies, and there are the "other" companies.

Act700

I agree 100%, you just made is sound as if any operation that had you sign a contract qualified as "Scumbag".

I have heard the stories as well, many coming from a few night freighters, and many from a certian fractional. It is scary, you just have to do your homework going in. Some contract are worth signing.

ACT700 said:
All these training contracts are crap. They don't hold up in court. That's the cost of doing business; and if a company types you and then you leave, they must not have had to good working conditions to begin with.
Wow are you wrong! I have many friends (including myself) who have signed training contracts, and we all make WELL over 6 figures. People leave good companies. I don't know what you're smoking. One guy I know left because his wife wanted to move back to the east coast. He TRIED to ditch out on the contract. The company tried to offer him a settlement but he just said he wouldn't pay. It went all the way to court and he LOST. These cases are public and available to anyone. Do your homework before some poor sap coming up the ranks listens to your rant and actually tries it. Reality check: 1. our employers have the right to protect themselves from investing thousands of dollars on pilots who might not stay around for SEVERAL reasons. 2. If you get a better job offer, ask the new employer to pay off your debt, loan you the money, or, if the job is that great, pony-up! I would (and I think I'm about to).

Ace

Well, I think it all depends about contract!

I don't think any of you can say that 5 years is fair.

1-2 is fair in my opinion and after that you should be free to go!

But 5 years is long time and you have make that money to company many times!

Since people are talking about training contracts , what kind of times you guys have! 1, 2, 3 years or what and how much you have to pay if you leave before!

400A,

I agree with you 100%-some contracts are worth signing. And yes, do your homework, that's important too.

I think it all cames down to something like this: if the employer takes good care of you, you take care of him/her/them; and if it was a contract worth signing, then, it might be worthpaying off.

But 5 years, that sounds ridiculous; one to two years should be enough.

Oh, and don't forget with what status you join up. I mean, are you a rookie getting typed in a jet, or are you current and qualified?!

Slight variation in question

Just wondering your opinion.

Part 135 outfit, southeast US that I currently work for, is willing to train on their GIII provided you sign a 2 year contract. This includes GIII initial type, GIII recurrent, Learjet recurrent (twice) pro-rated out over two years. Of course, if I quit before the recurrents a year later-- I am responsible for 1/2 of the GIII initial and the one learjet recurrent. (There isn't more sims because we do a 297 in the lear in between the gIII schools.) I most assuredly would be the sic in the giii.

I want to get into a gulfstream, but not at the expense of being a whore (best word to describe it I suppose).

I understand the whole interpretation "no-legal-basis" but my boss has been good to me and I would want to honor something I agree too. However, I don't want to get involved if it would mean the aforementioned[FONT=&quot][/FONT] result.

I know, I know. You are thinking, "My God, South Florida charter," but honestly what would you do? I want to fly part 91 eventually somwhere in the US and right now I am thinking this is a good way to accomplish that.

Thanks in advance.

I am in a 2 year contract with a 28k bond. I was typed in the hs125 and the citation. If a company pays that much money on you, you owe them the 1-2-3 year contract that you sign. And the worst thing to do is burn a bridge if u leave a company because you think the grass is greener and you leave in the middle of a contract then that bridge my friend is gone. That chance to get rehired if something happens at the new job is out the window. But i must say a 5 year contract is extreme

I also think it is crazy to have someone sign a new contract when they upgarde to captain. If you pay your dews then you should be reworded with no aditinal contract

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back