Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone has training contract and what type!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>Hmmmm, please let us all know where NOT to send a resume to.<<

I agree! Forget about being polite, you should let everyone in this forum know who this is and maybe they'll get enough "no" responses to change their ways. I work for a good company and I signed a "loan" to get the training, the only difference, the pay is GREAT and it was only a 2 year contract. "out" these bozos.

Ace

limodriver1 said:
they are proposing five year contract and even after 5 years you not free!
I assume that with a five-year contract they will type you in every Lear, Hawker, Gulfstream, Challenger and any helo you desire. Also any other airplane that comes on certificate while you are in prison-excuse me, on contract.

I agree with Ace-of-the-Base: We need to know the name of this slimeball operation.

There's usually two reasons companies lose pilots: Either the pilots (all of them) are total flakes, or the company is a crappy place to work. Want to guess which one is more common?

C

one should be slapped silly for even considering a 5 year contract. get out before it's too late. Aviation just gets worse and worse by the day. what will be next ? Sign over the deed to your home along with your first born for some lousy jet time.

limodriver1: You still didn't tell us: Are they making you sign after-the-fact, or is it a condition of employment?

C

Boston-Maine Airways out of PSM requires 5 year contract to sign on with their Jetstream operation. That's right a 5 year committment.

If you go to the 727 side (which is at the moment in a holding pattern), you get to sign a 1 year contract.

Don't know about the legality side. All I can say is that tons of pilots have left and I'm not hearng the contract is being enforced! Or maybe it can't in NH?

Rrrruuuuuunnnnnn!!!!!

Unless they are going to give you a 5 year no furlogh clause, with gauranteed industry wages and raises, then you would be crazy to sign it. Even with that I would still NEVER sign something like that.

The new hire's that we are bringing on will be reguired to sign a 1 year agreement, pro rated over 12 months. We type everyone.

Never did that till a bonehead quit after 2 months. Guys like this are why we are having to do this, but 5 years is insane.

We also pay industry standard wages.

No way would I sign a 5 year contract like that. I can go along with a one year pro rated contract, you should be willing to stay a year if the company is willing to spend the bucks to send you to school.

5 years is a long time, I would have to say so long and look for something else to do if they were to try and force me into signing something like that.

RoughAir said:
Boston-Maine Airways out of PSM requires 5 year contract to sign on with their Jetstream operation. That's right a 5 year committment.
It occurred to me that the military requires an 8 year commitment after 2 yrs of UFT; total of 10 years. If one's going to sign one's life away, why not fly something more interesting than a Jetstream? My first choice? F15, of course.

I can't imagine what kind of company Fidiots dreamed up this scheme.

C

Last edited:
All these training contracts are crap. They don't hold up in court. That's the cost of doing business; and if a company types you and then you leave, they must not have had to good working conditions to begin with.
What I don't get is all these (scumbag) companies complain about training costs and high turnover, yet they treat their pilots like total crap: screw with schedules and pay, maintenance sucks, etc.
If I ran a company I would look at what it takes to keep good employees; if they are happy than you don't have to worry as much about training and turnover!

Oh, and let's not forget one of my favourite traning contracts of all:
"Here is the manual (a cheap Kinko's copy of a copy of a copy of the original), study it and know it.
Then, you will ride along on trips, log the 91 legs, and at some point you will have a current 8410."

Looks like I owe myself 8grand!!! Better stay the year, cause I don't have that kind of money!!!

My last company had me and everyone else sign a 2 year initial contract and then a 1 year recurrent contract. This was disclosed up front and each year it gave me the chance to renegotiate pay. I didn't like it and no one does but they needed to protect themselves. initial contracts were 15K to 30K depending on the aircraft. These contracts were also prorated.

I left with 6 months remaining and paid back $4,000. It kept me from making a lateral move and when the right job came along it was a no brainer.

Everyone wants to know if you can get out of paying. The answer is yes but are you willing to burn a bridge. remember they will be contacted by all future employers. They also can cost you more in legal fees.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back