• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone getting jr. manned at ASA today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because they think in some miracle someone will want our discarded 50's. Every 2 for 1 will result in 5 job losses at some point. Right now, look for about 60-80 more jobs gone in the Summer when the 200's disappear.

Where on earth are they going to find the airplanes from? 13 from Comair and 6 from Mesaba? They can't add any more 900s.

The 2 for 1 deal is an absolutely horrible deal for everybody involved except Delta. I can't see why ASA/Skywest would continue to fall for it.

15 are on order and the rest should come from OH.

Because they think in some miracle someone will want our discarded 50's. Every 2 for 1 will result in 5 job losses at some point. Right now, look for about 60-80 more jobs gone in the Summer when the 200's disappear.

It would be a management function. Not a union one. From the tea leaves over on this side of VA. Ave. it sounds like they are going to take it. Not that they are going to have much choice.

(Take em while you can get them, the 50's are going either way)

I also have to ask where these additional 900s are coming from. I don't think that Delta will give us all of OH's 900s.

It's all speculation till you see them on the property. My guess if they do the deal, Delta will extend the SkyWest Inc. contract. There will be some kind of play going on.

Trojan

Where on earth are they going to find the airplanes from? 13 from Comair and 6 from Mesaba? They can't add any more 900s.

The 2 for 1 deal is an absolutely horrible deal for everybody involved except Delta. I can't see why ASA/Skywest would continue to fall for it.

The 50 is a dead man walking....The only reason there were so many was because the scope line was at 50...They are incredibly inefficient for most of the flying they do...

Skywest is smart to jump on as many of the larger RJs as they can....

ASA have a contract for a % of the flying. Not a specific number of flts. There is protection in that, but not as much as you might thing. Plus year five is quite close.

It would be a management function. Not a union one. From the tea leaves over on this side of VA. Ave. it sounds like they are going to take it. Not that they are going to have much choice.

(Take em while you can get them, the 50's are going either way)

I love this guy-

One minute he is crowing about his roots at ASA, but then he returns to being a complete tool and starts back with a pretty decent Gen Lee impersonation.

-Life at the lowly "commuter" was a long time ago, eh?

Give it up.

Fact is that there are 32 jets after the current order that can be 76 seat jets. That is correct, we are that close to the 255 limit. There are a bunch of 70 seaters in that too. Problem is that unless they get a great deal from the manufacturer there is no way they will trade in a 70 for six more seats.
So you have these 15 or so on order than 32 after that.
That was the point.

As for the 50's. They are on record about that. Put your head in the sand if you choose. As these contracts hit year five there will be some changes. Having these big jets will ge good for you.
Also FWIW we would like a bilateral flow with you like CPS. If we cannot get ya'll on the list, this is a good way to get you on here if you want. (Of course flow needs to work both ways)

Latest resources

Back