• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone fly for Gulfstream out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If those are your conclusions about why PFT is not respected, you should go back over this thread.

The question is this: what makes you a seasoned aviator, worthy of the respect of your peers?

Hint: it isn't buying a job, that much is certain.

Timebuilder

Timebuilder said:
If those are your conclusions about why PFT is not respected, you should go back over this thread.

The question is this: what makes you a seasoned aviator, worthy of the respect of your peers?

Hint: it isn't buying a job, that much is certain.

Look to me it is'nt buying a job. To me its training, expierience and time. If i get hired cool if not oh well tuff nuggy. Now how by me doing 'PFT' disrespecting other pilots. If i was a CFI and someone was interested in PFT I would recomend them to research. But i don't see how i'm disrespecting anyone dude honestly. The reason why i just posted an obscened post is because its ALWAYS the same dudes with the same thing and i just wanted to add my opinion dude. No hard feelings just want to get the real deal.

That's what many of us are attempting to do: give you the "real deal".

Just consider what a job really is. Is it a place where you take on a portion of your employer's cost of doing business, or is it a place where your employer provides any additional training that he requires you to have?

If you are doing the paying, it isn't a job, is it? Do the customers know that you aren't really a qualified employee, but a paying "student" instead? Do the customers deserve a professional pilot, or do they deserve someone who is paying to occupy the seat and work the radio?

I'll rest my case here, and refer you back to the thread.

Look to me it is'nt buying a job.

Well then someone must be "buying" that job for you or a better way of saying it would be "renting the right seat out for the 250 hours." GulfJoke is an absolute disgrace to this industry, hands down... The only thing that they are doing is charging some astronomical amount of money ($18,000+) to "rent" a right seat of a 1900 out to someone dumb enough to do that and in doing so they are taking that seat away from someone who actually has the "skills", experience, flight time, background, etc, to be a safe first officer... I will hitch hike before I ever fly on them or let anyone of my family members fly on them. I just wish that the American people and general public knew what was going on and the "story" behind this operator ..Someone else recently put it best in another thread when he said his "friend" wasn't qualified enough to feed his family ( he had DC9 & 737 time) to work at Pinnacle due to the Gulfjoke & Pinnacle agreement- come on.... What good is Gulfjoke doing for anyone.?? -

Why would you spend that much money to be walked through training with them holding your hand just to say you are finally that "airline pilot" for 250 hours... Atleast you won't chance washing out after giving them that much money

:D :D

3 5 0

Hey Dude...

Well...my opinion is that Gulfstream lowers the profession by having people pay to sit in a right seat that would, at any other airline, be a paying job. How does that make you feel???

And now for the personal slam....

If your ability from the right seat equals your ability to like, spell and punctuate. Then God help the poor left seaters that get to fly with you.

By the way, I don't normally do the personal slam thing at this message board that is so often full of the personal slam. I save my personal slams just for Gulfstream PFTer's....

All this talk about "slams" makes me want to go to Denny's.

What are you doing up this late, de? I'm studying for the ATP written, so I have an excuse. :D

If your ability from the right seat equals your ability to like, spell and punctuate. Then God help the poor left seaters that get to fly with you.

I thought the same until I heard them going in and out of (TPA) on a few recent occasions.. I think this is a pre-req. to get the job in the first place.:p Possibly the "accents" and "spelling" are fake and they do that just to "pretend" they are flying over seas.:eek: :confused:

3 5 0

makes for interesting crew conversations atleast.... God Bless the controllers who work that sector day in and day out.

Timebuilder

My excuse is I'm a freight dawg....I'm just starting to feel awake at 10pm. The real question is what am I doing up at 8am like I have been lately. Too much light coming in the windows in the morning.

I wear one of those "eye masks" and ear plugs and force myself to sleep. Otherwise you will just get all burned out. "Caffiene destroys your bod but it sure feels good in the process."

I flew on Gulfstream the other day. I must say that the captain had a command of the "kings english" like I havn't heard in a long time. He sure put all of "us" to shame.(my wife is an English teacher)

Latest resources

Back