Anyone fly for Gulfstream out there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grade

What? Who cares if i spelllled wrong or used incorrect grammar. You guys going to grade my paper? Look for those who just love nagging and crying. I"m just doing my ratings and all the CFI"S there are either from flight safety, comair or embry. Again how do you know how the training is? I don't think there gona let someone unqualified to fly for the line that'll be insane. please on the next reply put your email address and phone number so that you guys can give me lesson on spelling and grammar. =D

350DRIVER said:
Well then someone must be "buying" that job for you or a better way of saying it would be "renting the right seat out for the 250 hours." GulfJoke is an absolute disgrace to this industry, hands down... The only thing that they are doing is charging some astronomical amount of money ($18,000+) to "rent" a right seat of a 1900 out to someone dumb enough to do that and in doing so they are taking that seat away from someone who actually has the "skills", experience, flight time, background, etc, to be a safe first officer... I will hitch hike before I ever fly on them or let anyone of my family members fly on them. I just wish that the American people and general public knew what was going on and the "story" behind this operator ..Someone else recently put it best in another thread when he said his "friend" wasn't qualified enough to feed his family ( he had DC9 & 737 time) to work at Pinnacle due to the Gulfjoke & Pinnacle agreement- come on.... What good is Gulfjoke doing for anyone.?? -

Why would you spend that much money to be walked through training with them holding your hand just to say you are finally that "airline pilot" for 250 hours... Atleast you won't chance washing out after giving them that much money

:D :D
Dude first of all you don't even know me to be saying that i'll wash out. Who are you god? In fact i forgot to post this out to the naggers i am getting my cfi because i like to instruct then go to the FO program so relax sound like a bunch of you know what. How is 1500 hrs of 172 time is gona build brain cells different from FO. whatever

Last edited:
Re: Hey Dude...

de727ups said:
Well...my opinion is that Gulfstream lowers the profession by having people pay to sit in a right seat that would, at any other airline, be a paying job. How does that make you feel???

And now for the personal slam....

If your ability from the right seat equals your ability to like, spell and punctuate. Then God help the poor left seaters that get to fly with you.

By the way, I don't normally do the personal slam thing at this message board that is so often full of the personal slam. I save my personal slams just for Gulfstream PFTer's....

Dude lol your so full of it. I'm sorry capt for your perfectionist. I bow to you. To let you know i am a grad from FSU and was a SGT for the florida wild life commision. So if you want to evaluate me why not have lunch or something and have a talk. Maybe you can teach me to speel and write. thanks capt perfecto

In order to be a person that commands the respect of his peers, his crew, and passengers alike, a working knowlege of English, including spelling and correct grammar, is indeed essential.

Don't sell that concept short. Having been a teacher, my "grade" of your English is "contemporary public high school". This means your English needs attention to bring you up to standard for a professional pilot.

The term "qualified" can be interpreted in a number of ways. There's the "qualified" used by Gulfstream, in that a pilot has a certain amount of training and simulator time, and a line check, having paid a fee to the company.

Then, there's "qualified", meaning an experienced pilot in that type of aircraft, a proven quantity, hired to work for the company over the long term.

Now, the passengers don't know that there is more than one definition of "qualified", and they also don't know that the copilot is there because he PAID for his job, not because he was HIRED as an employee.

No matter who is teaching or where they are from, even an overpriced prestigious school, this is a scam being perpetrated upon those who are paying, both customers and copilots.

Timebuilder said:
In order to be a person that commands the respect of his peers, his crew, and passengers alike, a working knowlege of English, including spelling and correct grammar, is indeed essential.

Don't sell that concept short. Having been a teacher, my "grade" of your English is "contemporary public high school". This means your English needs attention to bring you up to standard for a professional pilot.

The term "qualified" can be interpreted in a number of ways. There's the "qualified" used by Gulfstream, in that a pilot has a certain amount of training and simulator time, and a line check, having paid a fee to the company.

Then, there's "qualified", meaning an experienced pilot in that type of aircraft, a proven quantity, hired to work for the company over the long term.

Now, the passengers don't know that there is more than one definition of "qualified", and they also don't know that the copilot is there because he PAID for his job, not because he was HIRED as an employee.

No matter who is teaching or where they are from, even an overpriced prestigious school, this is a scam being perpetrated upon those who are paying, both customers and copilots.

Timebuilder,

My english , grammar is all good. I did'nt know that this post was like an interview or a term paper thats due. Timebuilder i did'nt know the respect that GIA has today. I surely found out by a friend who also training at GIA and reading these here threads. I'm not defending this school i just want to know if is it because of the scab himself or GIA training wise NOTE: not FO. I think that the training is good because like i said before all the cfi's there are from flight safety, comair, embry. FO program its something else. laters

Ok.

Copy your posts in this thread and take them over to a Sylvan Learning Center, or find a teacher of English at a good school.

Don't take my word for it. ;)

The GIA reputation has to do with running a scam on passengers and copilots. I don't think that the instructors, good or bad, are a part of the attitudes you will find.

Last edited:
Alright Guys...... No one here is saying ANYTHING new. This thread has been dead for the better part of a year. Lets let it die peacefully again.

And to the guy currently at Gulfstream, if you have such deep convictions about GIA's whole program and the fact that the owner is an EAL Scab, you should pack your things and leave there. Because you are just a hypocrite if you stay. Because the longer you stay, the more money you give to the people you disagree with.

Most regular posters on here realize that I am one of the few ex-GIA pilots that speak up here, but I'll reserve my comments for a new discussion when it arises.

--03M

Dude i'm there to get my ratings. I don't care what this guy did it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY past my time. You were there so whats the deal. I went to comair same **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** dude until they do me wrong then i'll leave. But anywhere you go its money money money so whatever.

This is the point . . .

Originally posted by 1.3XVso
if envy or jealously is part of it, is'nt this a team work of family of aviation? I mean if money was a issue sure i would CFI but i got the loans why not this way.

In conclusion dudes and dudets i've gotten both side of the story and i've gotten more positive about PFT then the negative ones. I understand that there's lots of qualified and super talented pilots out there but i know for a fact that if money was there , pft would be accepted. And for the dudes that have 400 hours and think that have 10 logs come on take it easy.
I also read your posts below the one I've quoted. Just one comment at the outset:
My english , grammar is all good.
Your nouns and verbs do not agree. "English" should be capitalized. "English" and "grammar," as used in your sentence, are plural. "Is," as used in your sentence, is singular. "Are" is the correct verb in this instance.

You ask why people should care about your writing. You apparently don't care. For one thing, I had to read your comments several times to determine your points. As a suggestion, one's credibility is bolstered by the use of good English. You may be the best pilot in the world but you'll never get past H.R. if you cannot write a good cover letter. You may not have to be a perfectionist, but you do have to exhibit attention to detail. Not everyone can write like Hemmingway, or Ernest Gann, but one can at least spell words correctly (in the old days, "spell check" was a dictionary), proofread, and make their nouns and verbs agree. No, I'm not an English teacher. I have been a pilot, just like you, and was a flight instructor. I have produced written copy in three different professions.

Yes, at Gulfstream you might be "renting a seat" for 250 hours. But there is the possibility that you can be hired as a real FO after you fly off your hitch, isn't there? The answer to that rhetorical question is "yes." I base my comment on what I've read elsewhere on this board about Gulfstream. Moreover, there are abundant comments on this board that Gulfstream does not hire street FOs (I understand that it hires street captains.). Therefore, it is clear that the only way one can be hired to be a Gulfstream FO is to pay for the training. Thus, you have purchased a job. As well as the enmity of (a great many of) your fellow aviators.

Having said all that, the $54,997 you have paid Gulfstream could be a pretty heavy wager. I don't like the odds of you being hired full-time at Gulfstream. While you might have 250 hours of "FO" time, you still will be short of PIC time, PIC multi time, and total time. Accordingly, you have made a good decision to earn your CFI. You'll need it to continue working. By the time you reach true regional mins those 250 hours may well be stale.

One more perspective. Yes, it is a "team." By paying for a job you have cut in line ahead of others. Maybe you don't care. But consider people who cut you off in traffic, which happens a lot on I-95 in Florida. How do you like it when that happens? Or people who cut in front of you at the supermarket or bank? They don't care, either. Are you willing to extend the hand of fellowship to such people? I doubt it. Expect the same from (a great many of) your peers by P-F-Ting.

I realize, N9103M, that I've said nothing new about P-F-T. But it had to be said again.

PS-Have we fallen victim to flamebait? Hmmm . . . . . .

HAHAHA ok dudes. Look if you guys want to take this grammar stuff serious ok cool. LOL i have'nt paid the F/O yet i just paid inst and multi so chillz. Trust me when i know that english , grammar all that stuff has to come i know what to do. so relax dudes

Latest resources

Back