• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody in the ATL area hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
make sure you take your knee pads and some ky. i'll give him a call myself. where are they doing the interview. probably downtown is my guess. what kind of times are they looking for. most the days want a minimum of 2000tt and around 500 turbine pic. sounds a little steep for a copilot. seems like it would be better to hire someone with less experience that they could train to their standards. you know as well as i do that these cocky chief pilots all do it different

Interview is at the Aircraft on Monday before their trip he said. He told me they do not have a set minimum time, he would like to hire a young person and train them in the Falcon and later move them to the Challenger. The guy seemed real nice and answered ever question I had. Their starting pay regardless of time is a minimum of $100,00.00......they dont require a contract and will send you to school immediatly at their cost. They average 400 hrs/yr on the Falcon and 550 on the Challenger. The Challenger guys r gone alot but, as he put it, what comes around goes around....meaning if they keep u on the road for 4 weeks then u can expect 4 weeks of no contact chillin like a villian away from the airport. I spoke to one of their pilots after talking to the CP and that pilot confirmed everything..Sounds likes Teds group has their ---- together.

well i wish you the best of luck maybe you can give us all some hope in our lives. this industry is hard to break into. maybe they will let you go around the pattern to test your flying skills. but they may just want to join the mile high club. LOL let us know how it goes and let us know how the interview is structured. may still need the ky to help the pilots get their heads in the plane

Hey "overqualified"-

What's your beef dude? Had some bad work experiences? Little bitter are we?

Sounds like you've had to bend over quite a bit to get your 9 hours huh...?

Lighten up, maybe it's time for a career change.

Amen Fokker

I think it is obvious why overqualified cant find work. It is his attitude. I personaly know many of the guys hired at HD, GP, CCE and others. None of them did anything other than have outstanding corporate reputations and have great attitudes.

I jusy hired a new SIC yesterday. I did not know him one bit, but he had a great attitude, showed up to the interview in a new suit, passed 3 interviews with all of my team members, but most importantly had a glowing report from his chief pilot of 5 years.

I often have guys show up in jeans, and expect to get the pay for the biggest aircraft even though they are the new guy. They never make it to the second interview.

No favors recieved, he just fit with the team.

hey fokkerflyer you must have been around the Jet A to long. obviously you don't remember or never had to go through the tough times to get a job. my thing is everyone needs that big break and they are really hard to find. every job posted wants 2000+hours and 500+turbine. well how the hell do you get that to even be able to apply. i don't have the money to go rent sim time. maybe you should step away from those high octane fumes and deflate your ego. then you might see what the less experienced are dealing with in this day and time

and hey MXFLYER. congrats to you and let us know how it goes. your big pimpin if you get that job but always remember your roots and don't act like the f**ker I mean fokker

overqualified said:
every job posted wants 2000+hours and 500+turbine. well how the hell do you get that to even be able to apply.
Your point that "every job posted" requires certain minimums is correct. However, the once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for those with lower qualifications using is discovered by word of mouth. Those guys with a good attitude have their buddies watching out for them, looking (and making) opportunities for them to get experience and make some money. Those guys with a bad attitude, they get the shrug-off when asked if there are any opportunities out there.

I help my buddies all the time get work. When I was flying charter and part 91 stuff, I'd also give the SIC opportunities to those fellow pilots I knew would be fun to fly with (meaning, they didn't complain all the time).

Overqualified, you should decide which kind of pilot you are going to be.

Over Qual?

Take a look at some of the reply post to you and think if any one of those would give you a chance.

Look at 400's when he mentioned team, that is what it is all about, you are on the road many long days, at the same hotel and eating dinner with your crew. Also you are with some very important owners that pay you to fly and be an ambassador of the corp. 24 hrs. a day.

There is much more than having a type or being able to get one, go out and learn more about flying and much more about life.

Mobie

Still not listening

Over qualified, you are still not listening. As the others have said, its all about attitude. If you want to burn kerosene, you are going to have to stop the attacks. You never know who is looking at the board.

Most chief pilots can hire whom ever they want, but we have to start somewhere with an ad. I have many times waived a minimum to get the right guy for the team. Though he did not fly with rookie co-pilots in the beginning, I once upgraded a guy to Beechjet PIC with only 1850 TT. He was just that good. Most natural pilot I had ever seen, with an attitude that beat all others. The posted minimum for the position was 2500TT for SIC. 5 years later this pilot is my senior Captain and the best employee I have.

Stop lashing out and blaming your difficulties on Fokker and others. We are trying to help you.

To give an example, as I said, I just hired an SIC. While I was interviewing, one of the local up and coming pilots grabbed my dispatcher, gave her his resume and told her that he would like to interview with me immediately. (He was in Jeans and a T-Shirt). I looked over his resume, knew who it was and had her politely tell him that he did not meet our minimums. (I also knew he was running a, what was rumored to be, a 134.5 operation) This idiot actually told her to tell me "HIS LOSS!"

Rest assured, all the cheif pilots at our base have been fully briefed on this guy.

Just an example.

Food for thought.

ATTITUDE!!!!! BE PROFESSIONAL!!!

Latest resources

Back