• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody in the ATL area hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hey guys. sorry if i stepped on your toes. i personally know who mxflyer is and was just trying to get a reaction out of him. i didn't think so many people would come to his defense. it's good to see that the corporate world is there for each other. that's what i hope to do some day. my attitude about flying is nothing as it has appeared because i was being sarcastic towards mxflyer. he is a really good friend of mine and had no idea i was on this board giving him crap. i know that a good attitude and hard work are the best ways to accomplish anything. the only reason i responded to the other guys was to get a response out of mxflyer. as you can see he stayed calm cool and collected. he just that type of guy and an awesome friend, one that i would love to work with. sorry if i affended you guys but it was all a joke. have a good holiday and don't send a hitman out for overqualified

overqualified said:
hey fokkerflyer you must have been around the Jet A to long. obviously you don't remember or never had to go through the tough times to get a job. my thing is everyone needs that big break and they are really hard to find. every job posted wants 2000+hours and 500+turbine. well how the hell do you get that to even be able to apply. i don't have the money to go rent sim time. maybe you should step away from those high octane fumes and deflate your ego. then you might see what the less experienced are dealing with in this day and time

and hey MXFLYER. congrats to you and let us know how it goes. your big pimpin if you get that job but always remember your roots and don't act like the f**ker I mean fokker
Hey overqualified-

FYI- I have been at the bottom of aviation. Try 2000 hrs of instructing at $6/hr, pumping gas for years, sit right seat on t-props for nothing just to get exposure. My first corporate job I got hired because the CP saw me bust my a$$ juggling two jobs and thought I had the right attitude and motivation to work for him. Was on call 24/7 for charter (salary was negligible, no benefits) but loved every minute of it. Then I had a corporate job that kept me away from home 6 days a week.

And that, my friend, got me to my current job working for a Fortune 10 company.

Punks like you have no idea what "paying your dues" means.

Well, nuff said.

fokker don't take it serious. read the post above yours and you can understand hopefully how i was being sarcastic. i was just kidding with you when i posted that because i know how much dedication it takes to accomplish goals. was nothing personal

Fokkerflyer said:
Hey overqualified-

FYI- I have been at the bottom of aviation. Try 2000 hrs of instructing at $6/hr, pumping gas for years, sit right seat on t-props for nothing just to get exposure. My first corporate job I got hired because the CP saw me bust my a$$ juggling two jobs and thought I had the right attitude and motivation to work for him. Was on call 24/7 for charter (salary was negligible, no benefits)
You've got to be kidding me.

Sounds to me like you let everyone know that you were willing to work for nothing, and nothing is what you got.

There are Flight Departments, and there are Battered Pilot Shelters. The key is to learn the difference early on, aim for the former, and be persistent.

I turned down many jobs, becasue I made it very clear in the beginning that I was looking for a quality flight department, and wouldn't settle for less. That worked better than all the "I'll fly free, just to get experience" crap, that's for sure.

Latest resources

Back