Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody heard from JetBlue Aug.5th interview class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Powda,

Phase II is more than just a background check. It includes the Hiring Board process. They look at the entire package, and make a decision. There is no phase III to my knowledge.

Your experience and entire package may have been on the fence. If you know some crewmembers at JB, I would have them write a letter now in support of you. It can't hurt. That may have put you over the fence.

One of the main concerns now is the quick E190 captain upgrades. The applicant must clearly communicate that they can handle this. If the package is on the fence, and there are no supporting letters from JetBlue pilots, it could end in a rejection. The only letters that had to be from pilots you flew with were the 3 LOR's that they asked for. The internal letters, can be from just friends who can discuss your personality. They need not have flown with you.

After waiting 7 weeks, I know this was very disappointing.

DW

Dogwood said:
After waiting 7 weeks, I know this was very disappointing.

DW

I think it would be more than disappointing. Not very impressive if JetBlue is turning a guys life upside down for 7+ weeks only to reject him because of his experience level. You knew exactly what that was before you interviewed him.

Powda5 said:
Some folks asked about my 'bad' letter I just got from Phase 2 or 3. (I thought phase 3 was the review board, while phase 2 was the background).

I was on week 7 from the time I heard I had passed phase one when I got the letter. I have no failed checkrides and nothing derogatory in my background (I had even passed a law enforcement background complete w/ lie detector test, so I don't think it was my background unless something is there I am not aware of). I don't have any enemies I know of, nor bad reputation or anything like that (in fact am waiting on fed ride to become check airman). I love going out of my way to be personable to my passengers, my rampers, and my crew and I think that's a real strong point for me.

I didn't have 1000 Pic turbine, although I do now (I was real close). I had just shy of 1000 glass time ERJ and B737.

I know several people at jetBlue, but did not get a LOR from them because the application specified that I had to have flown with those folks. Just a bit of bad luck I hadn't flown with any of them. I did have one character LOR submitted a few days before my 'bad' letter was dated (may not have gotten to my packet in time).

I believe that my not having letters might have raised a red flag? Maybe the perception was that no one wanted to vouch for me, so maybe this candidate doesn't work well with others or doesn't have good aviation skills, and I guess that's a logical thought to have from an interviewer's standpoint.

Other than that, maybe my total time was low? But I think that would have stopped me from interviewing in the first place. Anyhow, these ideas are just to help you out; I know the more info the better. You guys will do fantastic, and if you don't, I'll see you next time around? Any questions, just fire away...

If these guys at JetBlue are your friends I would have them all submit letters for you right now explaining that you didn't know that you could use them because you had not flown with them. They could still really help you out in terms of your character. JetBlue isn't going to interview you if they don't think that your times are good enough. Call them up and see if they can all submit a letter to Dean. What's the worst that can happen?

Stillflyn

Thanks! I took your advice, guys n gals, and I did call my buddies and the letters are on the way. Like you said, it can't hurt, and hopefully they stay in the system for Dec 17th ;)

stillflyn said:
If these guys at JetBlue are your friends I would have them all submit letters for you right now explaining that you didn't know that you could use them because you had not flown with them. They could still really help you out in terms of your character. JetBlue isn't going to interview you if they don't think that your times are good enough. Call them up and see if they can all submit a letter to Dean. What's the worst that can happen?

Stillflyn

My feelings exactly. Furthermore, try to find out why you were turned down. To the best of my knowledge, if a mistake was made and you bring it to Dean's attention then I know the board will take that into consideration. Don't take no for an answer if you feel you should have been hired and there is nothing in your background check that would have disqualified you. It is my understanding that a large percentage make it through phase II.

After the interview we were given a paper that explained JB would be contacting our present employers in order to expedite the Phase 2 process.

Does anyone know if this indeed does expidite the process.

stillflyn said:

Stillflyn

Can JetBlue pilots send letters of character reference during phase 2? Do they have the ability to do it online like SWA? I had one pilot send a letter already before my interview, but I know two new hires that will send a letter. The more the better, right? Any thoughts?

FlyAuburn said:
Can JetBlue pilots send letters of character reference during phase 2? Do they have the ability to do it online like SWA? I had one pilot send a letter already before my interview, but I know two new hires that will send a letter. The more the better, right? Any thoughts?

The more you have the better you are. I don't think that that could hurt anything. I would have them fire away. Yes... the letter can be done on line.

Hope that helps.

Stillflyn

stillflyn said:
The more you have the better you are. I don't think that that could hurt anything. I would have them fire away. Yes... the letter can be done on line.

Hope that helps.

Stillflyn

Thank you!

Just got the call from Verna. Coming to Blue on the 28th for the Airbus!!!! Woooohoooo!!!!!

Whos up for a Gator game, eh?

Latest resources

Back