Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anybody heard from JetBlue Aug.5th interview class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lake Alice said:
the Gators are the greatest football school ever.

Ha thats funny.

Actually the state of Florida is the greatest football state.
Brother UF grad, dad a U of Miami booster and I'm a FSU grad. Killed alot of brain cells at each school during gameday.

Back to the thread topic, that's petty stuff. I'm talking about multiple complaints from different people, not just from one person.

Yeah, my whole family went to UF. My kids are going there and I will pay for it otherwise they are on their own.

Oh god , fed-ex please come, The drama and wait game is killing me. I know your coming by, just get it over with already. My figertips are all bloody......

Ok, got fed exed with the no!, good luck guys with phase II !!!

Even with an Airbus Type, I dont fit the profile :)

OK, I know I'm rolling the dice here, but I just turned down an interview offer from AirTran. Obviously, I'm expecting Phase 2 to go OK. If it's simply a background check, I can't imagine them finding anything negative. I'm military, have held a top secret clearance, have never had a flight violation, never failed a checkride, and my last speeding ticket was 8 years ago. Also my three LOR's all came from JetBlue pilots. Some of you are probably thinking I still should have taken the interview and then turned them down after the Phase 2 results. I would however, a friend in my squadron who currently flies for AirTran stuck his neck out to write me a LOR and I don't want to stab him in the back by stringing them along. I've been honest with him all along telling him JetBlue was my first choice but that I would be thrilled to fly for AirTran also. Again, I know it's a gamble, and believe me I'm a little nervous, but I don't think it would be cool to waste their time and possibly hurt my buddy's reputation. Any thoughts?

AVG8R,

I don't think that you crazy...go with your gut and desire!! If JB is the place, which I think it is...then that is where your focus should be!! The fact alone that you don't want to string your buddy or Airtran along, is exactly the type of integrity and personality that I think jetBlue is looking for!! Keep the good thoughts, and I hope to see you in class very soon...

Ski

AVG8R,

As a former Tacamite, I think you made a mistake. You should have taken the interview. This is strictly business, and until you're on the property you owe the company nothing. You are not stringing AT along by interviewing, you are entertaining all options for life outside the mil. Boresighting on one carrier is not good, imho.

Whats the difference between the 2 companies anyway? Pays the same, and AT doesn't have the E190 scale coming down the pipe. ATL is easier to get to than JFK as well. I know there are lots of former E-6 guys at JB, but don't let that sway you, look objectively at both companies.

Any way just remember, Airlines ain't the mil. You have to make the best deciscion for yourself, not based upon company loyalty, because it won't be returned, I don't care who you work for. And Don't let the KoolAid drinkers tell you otherwise. Talk to someone who has been there 3-4 years. Hell, I am still drinking Purple KoolAid, but when some one asks me an opinion, I send them to someone whose been here a while.

A former Ironman 97-00.

HoursHore,

I agree there's not much difference between the two. I think they're both great companies. Neither's perfect. I definitely know more about JB and more people there (all E-6 guys) who all love it. Bottom line is that's where my gut's telling me to go. Hopefully my decision to turn down the AT interview doesn't come back to bite me. I don't think it will. If it does, I always have that interview offer from SkyWest in my inbox. Lord help me!

Ironman 99-02

Good luck in whatever you do. I would still try to interview at Air Tran though. My only advice is until you have a company ID, nothing is a sure thing.

also I'd be looking pretty hard at the cargo side. Pax ops ain't the greatest, and fuel prices are only going to make matters worse.

Last edited:
Some folks asked about my 'bad' letter I just got from Phase 2 or 3. (I thought phase 3 was the review board, while phase 2 was the background).

I was on week 7 from the time I heard I had passed phase one when I got the letter. I have no failed checkrides and nothing derogatory in my background (I had even passed a law enforcement background complete w/ lie detector test, so I don't think it was my background unless something is there I am not aware of). I don't have any enemies I know of, nor bad reputation or anything like that (in fact am waiting on fed ride to become check airman). I love going out of my way to be personable to my passengers, my rampers, and my crew and I think that's a real strong point for me.

I didn't have 1000 Pic turbine, although I do now (I was real close). I had just shy of 1000 glass time ERJ and B737.

I know several people at jetBlue, but did not get a LOR from them because the application specified that I had to have flown with those folks. Just a bit of bad luck I hadn't flown with any of them. I did have one character LOR submitted a few days before my 'bad' letter was dated (may not have gotten to my packet in time).

I believe that my not having letters might have raised a red flag? Maybe the perception was that no one wanted to vouch for me, so maybe this candidate doesn't work well with others or doesn't have good aviation skills, and I guess that's a logical thought to have from an interviewer's standpoint.

Other than that, maybe my total time was low? But I think that would have stopped me from interviewing in the first place. Anyhow, these ideas are just to help you out; I know the more info the better. You guys will do fantastic, and if you don't, I'll see you next time around? Any questions, just fire away...

Latest resources

Back