Any updates at XO Jet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:rolleyes: See what I mean...

Sorry about the typo RNO, is been a long week.

You know T-bone I figure if there was anything going on at XO. There would be a press release from some place in the Bay no one has ever heard of, and whale rider would have posted it five seconds after it hit the wire.

So we do agree on something! You've pretty much hit it dead on...I never realized the Bay Area had so many newspapers...and Whale Rider does tend to be a little quick on the draw. :)

As for stuff going on here...we've got irons in the fire, but it's too premature to talk about. Hopefully you can understand that. And as for the guys that got let go...like it or not, they were not furloughed. The company doesn't owe them anything. Not saying I agree or disagree with it, just telling it how it is.

From what I heard, the guys didnt get let go because times were slow. It was based on THEIR performance, and other things.

Their Performance????

From what I heard, the guys didnt get let go because times were slow. It was based on THEIR performance, and other things.

You mean their performance judged solely by a management team without the view of an outside independent party?

Give me a break.

I don't even work for XOJet.

But when I run into line pilots like you, who seem to blindly accept whatever decisions a management team makes as justifiable, just because they say it is, all I can think about is why this industry has gotten so crappy for the average pilot.

It is due to the sheep mentality exhibited by this Pilot.

Oh, they let me fly their Jet; I must now kiss their ass and bow before them.

How about acting like a Professional, and reserving judgement over that for which you do not have the facts.

Who knows, one day, even all your ass kissing may not save you from the short end of the stick of a manager who simply dislikes you.

That nose of yours is getting browner by the day.

Freedom is Not Free

Haha, glad you don't work with us either!!

You don't have any idea of what the full story is Freedom... It wasn't one managers decision because he didn't like them. Lets not turn this into another Union/non-union sh!tstorm. Before you know it B19 will be back and nobody wants that!

Last edited:
You are kidding right?

Haha, glad you don't work with us either!!

You don't have any idea of what the full story is Freedom... It wasn't one managers decision because he didn't like them. Lets not turn this into another Union/non-union sh!tstorm. Before you know it B19 will be back and nobody wants that!

Cherry Air?

Known throughout the industry as Scary Air?

Some of us can build careers without having to violate FARs on a daily basis, Takeoff over Gross, and Land on Fumes.

The "Do whatever it takes to get the job done" mentality was the major job requirement at Cherry. Basic Safety Procedures and FARs were met only when they didn't interfere with getting the job done.

If guys so proud of their affiliation with Cherry, to the point they would name their handles after that "Company" are what XOJet is recruiting, then I must agree with you:

I'm glad I don't work there either!

Freedom is Not Free

Last edited:
How about acting like a Professional, and reserving judgement over that for which you do not have the facts.

This is not a subject I enjoy discussing because most of those let go were friends of mine. However, based on your own definition of Professional, you might consider following your own advise. Hello Mr Kettle, this is Mr Pot...

Saw an ad that XO was recuriting pilots for a middle east operation. How is that going? Good deal or not? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back