Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoDEAN

Cabo Wabo Express
Heard today that there is a vote coming soon that would allow Mesaba to merge into NWA. Mesaba pilots would be put onto the NWA senority list, and be part of NWA. This would in turn allow Mesaba to bring back the small amount of furloughs and allow current Mesaba pilot's to be encorportated into the NWA senority list and be part of a legacy carrier. Not sure if there is much truth to this, but this is the buzz I heard today.

Last I heard that rumor around NWA it was prior to the NEWCO proposal. I haven't heard anything positive (growth, etc) about Mesaba around the building since NEWCO.

Why in god's name would Mesaba pilots want that? Be stapled on to the NWA list so we can be furloughed right away?

How could our furloughed pilots get their jobs back when NWA already has like 700 guys on furlough now?

But if you still think that rumor has legs, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you. . .

Mesaba NWA merger

Sure, we'll staple your sorry regional a$$ to out list. Expect to pay DUES. Expect a flow back so OUR boys can still fly. Any chance I can get your furloughs to pay DUES?

Spoken like a true ALPA leader.

No, it's better then that - I talked to a rep this weekend and he said 20% is the number on the concessions; not all at once, but a little over time coming down the pike.

BOHICA

Unify the list so we keep scope; any airplane with NWA colors on it should be flown by a NWA pilot. Once they break scope, they start training our replacements. I got furloughed from NWA back in 2001 since then i've fallen back on my non-aviation degree(lucky me). I make $45,000 a year as an engineer and my QOL sucks. I made the mistake of leaving the business, so a call back would be nice even if it's to fly as a saab captain.

Hey Dwayne Worthless, has anyone told you your avitar is actually Dr. Phil? I know he looks like Dwayne Worthless' long lost brother. Just curious.

My NW pilot friend was just awarded the 757 before the bankruptcy filing. Now he's not only back to the A320, he's back on reserve at the begining of Jan. I don't understand how the Mesaba pilots would fit in to this airline... and still retain employment. This guy has been with them almost 15 yrs.

"even if it is to fly as a Saab Captain"

How about a Saab Fo you fucking piker. Too good to do that. Yea I'll take your job and like it. Somehow that came acrossed the wrong way. Hold on to that 45,000 job. Ya gonna need it brother.

Latest resources

Back