Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NEWSOUTH said:
"even if it is to fly as a Saab Captain"

How about a Saab Fo you Fricking piker. Too good to do that. Yea I'll take your job and like it. Somehow that came acrossed the wrong way. Hold on to that 45,000 job. Ya gonna need it brother.

You would rather keep your job at PNCL for less money after pay cuts than have a chance at a legacy carrier. Yeah in the short term it will be bad, but if it doesn't happen it will be much worse. The NWA pilots probably will strike if they lose scope then your in real trouble. Then you can come join me.

BoDEAN said:
Heard today that there is a vote coming soon that would allow Mesaba to merge into NWA. Mesaba pilots would be put onto the NWA senority list, and be part of NWA. This would in turn allow Mesaba to bring back the small amount of furloughs and allow current Mesaba pilot's to be encorportated into the NWA senority list and be part of a legacy carrier. Not sure if there is much truth to this, but this is the buzz I heard today.

Absolutely NO truth to this. NWA has 500+ out on the street now, 400+ scheduled, plus many more if the Evil Empire gets thier way.

I did hear from one of our union Reps that expect XJ to be turboprop only in short order, and for susbtantial shrinkage at PCL. S**t rolling down hill fast.

The only thing remotely close to this was the NWA MEC alternative proposal to NEWCO, NSTAR would have flow through provisions, and since the NSTAR pilots would be staffed with NWA pilots in seniority order, backfill for those not wanting the position would come from XJ, PCL, and Champion pilots before any off the street. Given the NWA furlough numbers this could be a long long line to get in thier.

The only way they can have newco is if they get out of scope. The only way to save scope is unifing the seniority list so that all NWA flying is by NWA pilots. Newco will happen and if there isn't a scope clause, there will not be NWA pilots flying for them. If you guys up at NWA don't get control of this right now, you can forget about having a job in the future.

If you're a NWA pilot on furlough, about to be furloughed, or are at the bottom of the list, you have no business flowing back to XJ. 3 years ago, we weren't good enough to talk to about a flow thru; but now that you're losing your job due to inept management, suddenly a Saab Cpt position is yours to bid? That's funny.

Mesa is hiring if you want out of that horrible QOL as an engineer making $45k a year. ~ Spoiled brat.

Look 5 years down the road. Ok so your back to the saab FO position because some NWA pilot took your captain slot. NWA pilots are a lot older than XJ pilots, in 5-10 years NWA will loose way more pilots than mesaba and PNCL have pilots. So you would rather compete for a job and have a 1 in 50 shot five years from now than have a gauranteed position. People right now at XJ will definitely benifit from this in the long term. All but a few people at XJ are there to move on to something bigger and better, when you guys soon figure out that you are career at XJ/PNCL you'll be wishing this had happened.

You speak like NWA is the holy grail for a XJ pilot. "All but a few people at XJ are there to move on to something bigger and better, ..." Yep, like SWA, FedEx, UPS, JetBlue, etc. We are perfectly happy building time here and going THERE. Keep your legacy carrier and your inept, inbred mgmt.

Captain Overs said:
Hey Dwayne Worthless, has anyone told you your avitar is actually Dr. Phil? I know he looks like Dwayne Worthless' long lost brother. Just curious.

MOO!

Someone hasn't been watching SNL lately. Dr. Phil plays DW in a sketch on there...

Or

They are one-in-the-same person.

Take your pick.

KaptainKarl said:
You speak like NWA is the holy grail for a XJ pilot. "All but a few people at XJ are there to move on to something bigger and better, ..." Yep, like SWA, FedEx, UPS, JetBlue, etc. We are perfectly happy building time here and going THERE. Keep your legacy carrier and your inept, inbred mgmt.

So your saying that once you cbecome a NWA pilot you can't go here and there your stuck at NWA for life. Nothing says you can't go over to SWA, FedEx, UPS, JetBlue, etc. If anything it would give you more options. What if Northwest expands after they get what they want, do you honestly think mesaba can compete with other companies bidding the contract. The only way you guys can save your jobs is by doing this, yeah it's going to be bad for a couple years. When I worked at XJ I could only dreamed of this, I wouldn't be on the street right now if this had happend. Seniority in this business is key trust me if your a captian at XJ right now, you stand a better chance of having a job in 5 years as opposed to going to a major in 2 years on the bottom of the list.

Anybody read the MAIR HOLDINGS 10-Q today. Here's a quote " Northwest has indicated in various filings with the bankruptcy court that it is considering creating a new regional airline subsidiary to operate regional jet aircraft seating between 77 and 100 passengers. Further, Northwest's filings have indicated that it expects to outsource the operations of all regional jet aircraft seating up to 76 passengers to regional airlines such as Mesaba. To the extent that Northwest adds additional regional aircraft configured up to 76 seats to its network, Mesaba intends to compete to operate such aircraft. However, Mesaba also expects that its competitors, many with greater financial resources, will also seek to operate such aircraft."

Hope you guys at XJ like the race to the bottom, hopefully when you get there you still have a job making enough to stay off food stamps.

Latest resources

Back