• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any truth to Mesaba merging into NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Friend:So u proved my point. You are only supportive of the integration when it suits u. You say we were not flying planes that are YOUR flying. Seems to me your CEO decides what is, and is not, YOURS(Champion). So, by your admission, not until we threaten YOUR flying do you want to let us measley XJ/PCL pilots on YOUR list, but you want the right to come and take OUR 34/50/69 seat flying anytime someone up there mentions the word furlough? Seems pretty one-sided to me. I say go **** yourself and YOUR flow-through.

Last edited:
Right and then you can have our 76/85/100/200/300/500 seat flying. This is about saving scope, that saab bit was a joke. The market has changed and no longer supports the saab or the Avro or the 50 seat CRJ's. If you want, why don;t you take the a320, 757, 747, a330, and so forth. If you get any airplane on your property that are beyond our scope clause you are taking our flying just as I said we wanted to take yours.

What a douchebag.

For those of you who would think this is a "friend" of XJ/PCL:
I think the key for us here at NWA is a unified seniority list to make sure anybody flying an airplane with the Northwest paint scheme is a NWA pilot. Even if it means...hrmm....throwing those PNCL and MES to the bottom of the list.
What a PilotFriend.

Oh, how generous. If we just agree to let u come backflow to XJ and furlough us, someday maybe, possibly, you just might let us sit in the right seat of one of your big planes. Nevermind that during subsequent negotiations you will sell out the junior guys as they are just those ....hrmm PCL/MES. No, we will not go to the mat for those guys. Lets get all we can for the senior guys as we are the ones who made NWA what it is. Nope. No dice. Keep your "big iron".
Hey- if you're an engineer now, shouldn't you be working right now, not playing on the internet?

I'd much rather see the 70-90 seat flying go to mainline.... if 9e or xj get the flying or some other carrier... the downward trend will continue further.

Then again.. nwa is about to be paid the lowest in the industry on nearly every fleet type. Certainly not the carrier I wanted to work for when i was a kid....

Aaahhhhhh!

Dufus1 said:
Hey Cpt Pete,
I hear you are taking the saab "downgrade". So much for dignity, eh?

I've been caught! Hey, I've maintained all along that it was not me who said that but a friend's brother's girlfriend's uncle who said that.

Yes, I am taking the Slob-o-matic. No, I will not be placing the "Silly Pilot, Jets are for hot-tubs" sticker on my bag. I may be downgrading... er... flying the Slob, but at least I'm not heading back to the Dark Side! ;)

PS - I thought I'd be clever and take the Nov 21 class so that I could FINALLY get Turkey Day off. I just go the schedule today; we're training 0800-1700 the whole week. Drat! If it wasn't for you darn kids...

Cya,

CP

YourPilotFriend said:
The market has changed and no longer supports the saab or the Avro or the 50 seat CRJ's. .

What do you know about support? You wont even support your own mechanics who have more backbone, then your own pilot group. I think these previous posts are right on the money; where was all this support for a seniority integration with XJ/PCL 2 years ago? And where do you get the idea it's YOUR flying? It's a publicly traded company and you are JUST an employee.

But if you wanna stop all this nonsense, get on the phone to your MEC and ALPA national and tell them, "Enough is Enough. You have the power to stop all these company games, but youre too worried about yourself to see the future and how it effect all of the NWA family.

If you do get on at XJ, you deserve nothing more then a Saab FO seat, at the BOTTOM of the XJ list.

tripacer said:
If you do get on at XJ, you deserve nothing more then a Saab FO seat, at the BOTTOM of the XJ list.

Yea then maybe he could get furloughed with the rest of us BOTTOM of the list Saab FO's. While we're at it maybe we could pay for our training contracts too.. ugh.

YourPilotFriend said:
Right and then you can have our 76/85/100/200/300/500 seat flying. This is about saving scope, that saab bit was a joke. The market has changed and no longer supports the saab or the Avro or the 50 seat CRJ's. If you want, why don;t you take the a320, 757, 747, a330, and so forth. If you get any airplane on your property that are beyond our scope clause you are taking our flying just as I said we wanted to take yours.

No market for the Saab? I guess NWA should start taking an Airbus into Monroe, LA or Greenville, MS, etc. then? You're an idiot...your pilot group is just pissed off because they didn't realize the importance of scope back in the 90's and now you want to blame the regional pilots for a race to the bottom... instead you guys went on strike for higher pay, when times were good...look what the hell that got you.

We all wanted the dream job of flying at a legacy carrier, now a lot of us won't because the mainline guys and ALPA didn't take action when they could have. Now go crawl back up your husband's ass and shut the hell up.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back