Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any SWA or Airtran pilots see recent SLI at Mesaba/Colgan/Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr. Nicolau is semi-retired right now, only taking a few cases for UAL here and there. He hasn't done an SLI case since the USAir/AWA case.

No way! I mean he in only in his 80s.... He's got another good 15 years in him!!!

Why look to Nicolau's 1990 case?
Bye Bye---General Lee

I meant to answer this question a day or so ago and forgot.

General, the specific reason I quoted Nicolau's 1990 case is because I copy/pasted it directly from the ATN Merger Committee update. I didn't draw the reference; they did! If you or anyone doubts the application of the logic in this case to the current SWA/ATN SLI, perhaps that should be directed toward their "experts".

Of course, PCL will come on to refute the reference and say precedent will prevail over logic and the unique details in this case. I'm guessing this goes to the root of the disagreements between himself and the ATN Merger Committee that led to his recall. They have apparently recalled their NC Chairman as well. It would seem the MEC is getting their ducks in a row!

The merger agreement was completed without termination, so it would revert back to four party cancellation...or a three party cancellation at this point. I did some digging into the SW SEC reports. A difficult but interesting read about how the two seperate LLC's were placed between AAI and SW.
Thanks, glad the info that it takes ALL parties to sign to rescind the Process Agreement is making its way out. If the other SWA pilots on here would take the time to read and understand each section, we'll go a long way towards all getting on the same page.

To the other SWA pilots, yes there ARE nuclear options... reneging on your agreement to adhere to binding arbitration and going the UAir/F9 route is one of them, but backing out of the Process Agreement isn't. I'm still *cautiously optimistic* that our NC's/MC's will hammer something out.

From the attitudes that I'm hearing, it seems like it might play out like this.. The AAI NC will realize that a bird in the hand is worth possibly nothing and attempt to get a favorable vote from the membership. The big question will be how many 'I'll keep my seat' or 'I need my upgrade' pilots will sink the vote...versus those that will be truely happy to accept some concessions but to be on the final list quickly.
It's not the NC (they're not involved at this point), it's our MC, but I think that's what you meant. It will take our Merger Committee agreeing to an SLI (which -Cometman- will also include ALL transition items in Sec VII, including pay, benefits, etc - it's all one voting package according to our MC), and ALSO our 8-voting-member MEC agreeing to same in a separate vote *BEFORE* it reaches the pilots for vote.

My prediction: if it makes it to vote, it'll pass. I trust our MC and MEC will only put something out if they have good reason to. Not going to play Monday Morning Quarterback with whatever they bring; they have all the info; I don't. So the honest-to-God truth is that we have little say-so over whether something comes to us to vote or not. It's all in their hands.

I envision the Airtran pilot vote being the most pivotal point. Take it to arbitration and gamble that the outcome (ISL) may never be fully implemented.
Funny, we think the same thing on your side... that your vote will be the harder one to garner.

Oh yeah, forgot to answer the other poster. Yes, I interviewed. Twice. Yes, I passed the interview first time (buddy in the PD), but didn't make the cut at Selection Board (none of the civies did that round, only the mil guys were taken from our email list we exchanged at the interview amongst our interviewee class). 2nd time I was just having a bad day and did a crap job of interviewing. Still had a great time, great bunch of people, no complaints. It's the only interview I've never gotten the job at, but such is life, no hard feelings. :beer:

That doesn't change the fact of what the Process Agreement says. You guys can attack the messenger (me) since you can't attack the message (what the PA says), but it won't change the facts. There are a lot of things that work in your favor, some that work in ours, and there's *NO REASON* for the threats and innuendo. Hopefully we can get past that, our groups will find a middle ground somewhere in there, and we'll go on down the road making money, kicking butt, and having a good time doing it. :)

Going to try to take a hiatus from this board for a few days; I can always tell when it's getting to me, I start losing my sense of humor in responding to posts. Sorry if I've been snippy the last two days, the personal attacks and overall job threats to our pilots does that to me. Hope everyone had a good Father's Day. :)

Agreed. RECENT precedent should do fine. The last few especially.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey General/OYS- for entertainment purposes-

As another top tier airline, IF delta had bought Air Tran how do you think the list should look in the end? Please be honest.

Hey General/OYS- for entertainment purposes-

As another top tier airline, IF delta had bought Air Tran how do you think the list should look in the end? Please be honest.

Do you think the arbitrator would take into consideration all the senior delta captains that left delta to start over at airtran?

Thanks, glad the info that it takes ALL parties to sign to rescind the Process Agreement is making its way out. If the other SWA pilots on here would take the time to read and understand each section, we'll go a long way towards all getting on the same page.

To the other SWA pilots, yes there ARE nuclear options... reneging on your agreement

No "reneging" required. The process agreement defines a path to create a list. It does not guarantee its application.

Please don't interpret this as a threat - just explaining the document.:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back