Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any SWA or Airtran pilots see recent SLI at Mesaba/Colgan/Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No "reneging" required. The process agreement defines a path to create a list. It does not guarantee its application.

Please don't interpret this as a threat - just explaining the document.:beer:

There's a good reason why USAPA are the pariahs of this industry. Do you really want to follow them down that path ?

The spirit of the agreement and any arbitrated list is clear. Take the good with the bad and move on. Anything else shows a deep lack of integrity.

A lot of talk here is swirling around the what ifs, well what if the parties come to an agreement? What then? What about getting our crap together as one group? I could care less what the expectations are, the reality will be decided while negotiating. Maybe our two groups can be working on that? May the subject matter experts work on that for a while, settling on a deal.

No "reneging" required. The process agreement defines a path to create a list. It does not guarantee its application.

Please don't interpret this as a threat - just explaining the document.:beer:
No offense taken, and I guess that's the issue: Your interpretation and our attorneys' interpretation of Sec VI.a. is evidently drastically different and from the last time I spoke to our MC/MEC members, SWAPA hasn't voiced anything of the kind to our MC/MEC either, much less publicly in an announcement or the short interpretation/synopsis of the Process Agreement.

Time will tell, but that's not something I'm worried about (there's plenty of concern without adding something our own attorneys aren't worried about to the pile). :beer:

Last edited:
A lot of talk here is swirling around the what ifs, well what if the parties come to an agreement? What then? What about getting our crap together as one group? I could care less what the expectations are, the reality will be decided while negotiating. Maybe our two groups can be working on that? May the subject matter experts work on that for a while, settling on a deal.

I have high hopes for this. I think it's worth it.

They moved the cheese last September, I saw the book Who Moved my Cheese? at the used book store and was reminded not to act like a brat. There is always a few who actually need to read that book, just the thought of reading it is enough to make me puke.

Oh yeah, forgot to answer the other poster. Yes, I interviewed. Twice. Yes, I passed the interview first time (buddy in the PD), but didn't make the cut at Selection Board (none of the civies did that round, only the mil guys were taken from our email list we exchanged at the interview amongst our interviewee class). 2nd time I was just having a bad day and did a crap job of interviewing. Still had a great time, great bunch of people, no complaints. It's the only interview I've never gotten the job at, but such is life, no hard feelings.

Now we find out why you have a bone to pick with SWA

Now we find out why you have a bone to pick with SWA

Bone to pick? He wants a fair deal. You had NOTHING to do with this merger. GK and investment bankers wanted it done. Period. The Airtran guys don't owe you or anyone else a thank you. GK and Company see value in the deal, and they will pay to have it done. Some of you corndogs are so cocky it is ridiculous.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bone to pick? He wants a fair deal. You had NOTHING to do with this merger. GK and investment bankers wanted it done. Period. The Airtran guys don't owe you or anyone else a thank you. GK and Company see value in the deal, and they will pay to have it done. Some of you corndogs are so cocky it is ridiculous.

WRONG - they want our contract. Its ours General.... if it was so easy, they'd have a great contract too.... but they don't. If it was so easy, they would be working for a stong company too.. They were for sale, they were bought. It could be worst, AA or Delta could have bought them.

They are lucky, more lucky then you or I ever could be.... they get drafted into the best job in aviation where you and I had to interview.

Corndog Cocky! I like it.

I guess GK moved the WN F/O's cheese ;)

Remember, you bought us, we didn't come into this position voluntarily. As has already been pointed out, the majority of us have never even applied there, let alone interviewed. But don't worry, we'll assimilate just fine, in fact, I'm sure GK will agree that the Trannies will handle this deal much better than WN pilots.

WRONG - they want our contract. Its ours General.... if it was so easy, they'd have a great contract too.... but they don't. If it was so easy, they would be working for a stong company too.. They were for sale, they were bought. It could be worst, AA or Delta could have bought them.

They are lucky, more lucky then you or I ever could be.... they get drafted into the best job in aviation where you and I had to interview.

Corndog Cocky! I like it.

So, you want them to be on a B-scale? You want them to bend over and thank you for something they had no control over? When DL/NWA merged, certain groups got things the other didn't have, and it was shared by all. Some got big pay raises, others got bumped to a base they didn't want to go to, while others finally got to be based closer to where they live. It's called business. Your combination is supposed to make your company stronger, as a whole, which will be better for ALL OF YOU eventually. They don't owe you seniority since you fought for your contract. That's not how it works. Even arbitrator Bloch noted Colgan pilots made a lot less than Pinnacle or Mesaba Pilots (jets), but he still placed them higher on the combined list. You are just going to have to live with it, and know that GK wanted this done. You won't be losing one dime over this from your precious contract, so don't worry about that. No talk of pay cuts from your management so far.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back