• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any other pay cuts @ Netjest Inc?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rfb, we have thanked them several times on both the pilots' and wives' boards. I'd like to extend my appreciation to any of them reading this board, as well. Please, next time you speak to your friends, express my gratitude, which goes far beyond the pay raise. The morale boost and unity it conveyed had positive repercussions throughout the pilotforce.

Publishers said:
Take your seniority list. Go to the 50% individual on that list and look at the deal from his perspective. What does this TA look like from his pay standpoint and what is going to change...... All above him are getting a better deal than that.

Forget the bottom 25% -- not important. In the 25% above that, you need some votes to make up for the small number above the 50% that will vote for.
I am in top 20%... The vote is NO.... It sucks.... We are looking at a 90% NO vote....

gunfyter said:
We are looking at a 90% NO vote....
I don't know if I'd say that... I don't think that the TA will pass, but I doubt it will be a 90% no vote. This is just based on the opinions I have heard from some of the NJA pilots on the road recently....unsolicited...so who knows how many really feel that it's a "decent contract", as I heard a few guys put it.

I'm guessing closer to 65-70%. A buddy of mine with NJA thinks it will pass, even though he is 100% against it....I hope he's wrong.

FracCapt, it may not be well known that the other, some say Dark, side is running a disinformation campaign. My husband, who wears SU identification, was approached recently by some pilots that were concerned by things they'd heard, and didn't like, about SU's plans. My husband knew these reports/rumors were false. The failed MEC doesn't have a positive record to run on so they are resorting to NEGATIVE campaigning. Heelllooo?? Don't they know it makes them look even worse?

OK! We have you saying lower and Gunfyter going higher. Would you gentlemen consider a compromise of 85%? I really think we can work this out...:)

Last edited:
customer

One of my friends who is president and owner of an aviation company dropped by in his new Citation yesterday. He was a Netjets share owner in a Citation 7. Said it was just too expensive, no real control, service was good, but in the end he was better to get out and have his own.

All the add on's coupled with the fact that residual value because the aircraft had so many hours put on it just did not work anymore.

Publishers,

To each their own. The accelerated depreciation of a new aircraft can work quite well for the top dogs. I find it no surprise that the add-ons hurt, but I've got news for you.

Being broken down in central Canada, or in the Carib, will make your new sole owner friend a return client to us. How will he make his meeting on time when he calls to get MSP and they say it will be a week to get to his plane?

This is the beauty of fractional ownership. If I won powerball tomorrow, I'd buy a Citation X share through NJA. If it broke down in Barbados, one call, and they'd probably have a GV on it's way from St Martin!

The best day of sole ownership...be it a plane or boat, is the day you purchase and the second most joyful day...the day you get out from under it!

Fractional is the way to go. We have Marquis Jet Partners clients who come over, see the benefits and get hooked. It's just way too convenient.

I must agree with Hawk, especially if you do not fly many hours.

Being broken down in central Canada, or in the Carib, will make your new sole owner friend a return client to us. How will he make his meeting on time when he calls to get MSP and they say it will be a week to get to his plane?

This is the beauty of fractional ownership. If I won powerball tomorrow, I'd buy a Citation X share through NJA. If it broke down in Barbados, one call, and they'd probably have a GV on it's way from St Martin!

Most of that is true, but Hawk, never gotten a G-V. Have gotten a G-IV, Falcon 2000 and Falcon 900 instead of my Excel. The fact is, if you don't want to spend much mental energy or worry (obviously for a price), NJ is very convenient. Less than 2 minutes per reservation and the plane shows up. I do not have to worry about the who, what, when , where, why or how. Frac works for my family and my business, but obviously, frac is not for all.

Fly safe.

Anyone who would waste half a brain cell responding to ANYTHING "Publishers" has to say should have the remaining half a brain cell examined.

Latest resources

Back