• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah...you're right! It's all my fault!

BWAHAHAAA!

Last edited:
Hawkered said:
Sweet F-16, it's time for a reality check for you!

You win some...you lose some. The bottom line, and I mean that...THE BOTTOM LINE... is that the company can make more money by having your hubby go and sell floor tile and put a new hire in his seat.

Actually, it would be INSTALLING floor tile AND other contractor/remodeling jobs..if he wanted...OR managing a Home Depot. When enough pilots stand up for fair wages , as my "hubby" is, then the exploitation will stop. You don't get what you don't ask for!

Exploitation - now I have heard it all

netjetwife said:
When enough pilots stand up for fair wages , as my "hubby" is, then the exploitation will stop. You don't get what you don't ask for!
What exploitation? Is your hubby forced to fly? Do they foce him to do anything? If he is that unhappy he can make a vote by doing the construction job and giving you that life which you believe you so richly deserve.

Netjet Wife:

We have a difference of opinion, it's nothing personal, I just don't see how you're doing any good here.

Last edited:
potrack said:
30k a year to work there? What does Capt top out at? Please tell me something over 90??
Ummm, nope try $81,000 at 10 years. It's actually a pay cut. If you were hired today, you would start off as a first officer making $33,500 1st year, $34,760 2nd year, $ 36,020 by 3, and $37,280 by 4. Assuming you would make captain at year 5, you would jump up to a whole $69,000. Topping out at $81,000 for a class 2 airplane which is probably all you could hold. IT SUCKS, it's a backwards move and anyone who votes YES is self serving and dividing the pilot group. VOTE NO and let the chips fall where they may.

P.S. the pay scale above is based on the T/A, not the current contract. If you started today, you could make $27,000 by 1, $28,000 by 2, and $29,000 by 3 as a First Officer.

I should probably stay out of this but... I do not understand all the handwringing and insults over this. The TA is what it is, either vote it in or reject it; all this wind and noise trying to convince each other one way or another is all wasted energy. You all trust each other enough to fly around all week in jets; you ought to trust each other enough to each make their own decision. Calling and emailing people is probably about as welcome as a visit from a Jehovah's Witness.

If you do strike, it will be a unique situation. It certainly has a different dynamic than if airline pilots or city bus drivers walk. Do this best you can. Some of these posters are right, owners would bail if there were a big disruption among the quality and continuity of flight crews.

"We agree one one thing. The glory days are over - because of guys like you."

I gotta admit, this one has me puzzled. How is it the fault of people like Hawkered? You don't suppose that the are about a hundred other factors involved? Why do you think that we don't get around in horse-drawn buggies anymore?

The glory days may be over but it has much more to do with de-regulation, widely available training and modern aircraft design (read: they are easier to operate.) But doesn't the consumer benefit? Pretty much anyone with a W-2 can buy an airline ticket these days. Years ago, one had to be pretty well off. Small towns get plenty of airline service; big cities have flights going everywhere at all hours 7 days a week. I'd say its a good thing.

About those calls and emails.....

LXJ31 said:
I should probably stay out of this but... I do not understand all the handwringing and insults over this. The TA is what it is, either vote it in or reject it; all this wind and noise trying to convince each other one way or another is all wasted energy. You all trust each other enough to fly around all week in jets; you ought to trust each other enough to each make their own decision. Calling and emailing people is probably about as welcome as a visit from a Jehovah's Witness.
As one of those making phone calls and emailing people, I'd like to provide you with an answer because your hunch isn't correct. As to the question of how welcome the calls and emails are , the response has been overwhelmingly positive. I've even had pilots take the time to return my (message) call from the road while they're on tour. Most of the calls become lengthy conversations and I'm always thanked for taking the iniative to offer support. The VERY FEW fence-sitters and/or yes voters still liked the fact that I have reached out to the families in our gateway, even if we disagree on the TA.

The other wives and pilots making calls have reported the same experiences.

Why work so hard to "get out the vote"? The fact that you are posting and asking questions here is proof that you believe in staying informed. Unfortunately, not all the pilots at NJA share that concern. Their ignorance of the issues and ramifications, thereof, could doom many of us to a life of "working poor" and/or subpar wages, unacceptable work rules that negatively impact the pilots and their families, and a real risk of job security. I have called/spoken with single pilots that had never thought to consider the difficulties of raising a family under the conditions of the TA. Raising the awareness of the pilots in regards to all of the issues covered by the TA, will lead to a better informed voting process. To quote you...:).."I'd say it's a good thing".

"

33,500 first year F/O pay.....

For argument sake, what does a first year Flight Attendant at DAL, AA, UAL, CAL, or SWA get paid???

How about even Skywest or Eagle?

Latest resources

Back