Any other pay cuts @ Netjest Inc?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Grim Reaper said:
Majik: it only takes 50% plus one vote. Been doing this a long time. Have seen some strange shxt!
I know. I'm fairly confident that it will be voted down by at least 75%. I'm hopeful it will be voted down by at least 90%. I'm positive it will be voted down.
I'm willing to risk delaying the company's first offer of a 12% raise for the opportunity to gain more and hopeful that at least 9 out of 10 pilots feel the same.

dukeofdub said:
You can vote no, but I say vote yes... take the money and run!

Hey DukeofStupidity !!!

Very interesting. A friend of mine was told EXACTLY THAT by Dave Vermuelen (Our Head MEC). Interesting that you would say the same thing and be pushing a YES vote on this board. Makes you go hmmmmmmmm.

History repeats itself...

dukeofdub said:
You can vote no, but I say vote yes... take the money and run!
That attitude is what got us into this mess to begin with. At what point do you draw the line? I KNOW my family deserves better. And I'm also sure the wives of management don't drive 14yr old cars and their kids aren't on the poor kid lunch program, either. I've always been one to stand up for what I believe in. Luckily, there are many more who feel the way I do, than would agree with you.

Flex said:
Good question, how much does it cost? Probably should start another thread on that one.
GRAND TOTAL = $19,575*

Didn't you forget the required security clearance / checks? I work for NJA (not a pilot) and I know mine cost the company about $8k. And that was 4 years ago before 9/11. I would imagine it is somewhat more now.

MEL it!

flyer172r said:
Maybe they should so they realize how much pilots are worth and pay them accordingly.
"Worth" is the operative word. The trouble is that it is subjective. For you the only one that matters is what the market says you're worth. At any given price you'll have a corresponding supply, and as things seem now, there is ample supply at the current price.

Number$Cruncher said:
"Worth" is the operative word. The trouble is that it is subjective. For you the only one that matters is what the market says you're worth. At any given price you'll have a corresponding supply, and as things seem now, there is ample supply at the current price.
Right you are NumbersMUNCHER. However, everyone reading this has had to pay more for something that they thought should cost less at one time or another. If you are trying to escape a hurricane in Florida and there is only one gas station open that is charging $5 a gallon, you are going to pay it. NetJets has never been in that position with it's pilots, don't be surprised if you see that happen. Believe it or not, the pilots of NJA have much more leverage than an airline. Not one option has been exercised by the pilot group. Leadership is about to change and so will attitudes.

Live4flyng said:
Right you are NumbersMUNCHER. However, everyone reading this has had to pay more for something that they thought should cost less at one time or another. If you are trying to escape a hurricane in Florida and there is only one gas station open that is charging $5 a gallon, you are going to pay it. NetJets has never been in that position with it's pilots, don't be surprised if you see that happen. Believe it or not, the pilots of NJA have much more leverage than an airline. Not one option has been exercised by the pilot group. Leadership is about to change and so will attitudes.
Yes, that's true about the gas price. But as far as your other promises of pending NetJets' pilot muscle, I'm not holding my breath. First, the TA will pass. Second, do you really think NetJets managment will agree to a pilot contract that further erodes the non-existent net margin they currently have? Never gonna happen.

If you are trying to escape a hurricane in Florida and there is only one gas station open that is charging $5 a gallon, you are going to pay it.

Hope he was charging $5 gallon before the hurricane or it's price gouging and illegal, kinda like Netjets it try to price gouge you guys, wonder why its not illegal

Griz said:
On October 22nd, you're going to look like a guy with orange hair, a red nose and big feet. Your posts with absolutes like this are amusing now. Next month, they'll be hilarious. Run along troll.
So is that a description for the troll bit or for a clown? Whatever. I've said many times that I think that the TA will pass, but nothing is absolute. (Well, almost nothing...you absolutely will not see the 100% salary increases so many have been screaming about.)

JP11 said:
Griz

I resemble that remark!

:)

I agree that cruncher is a bit out of line. Seems he believes all management is telling him. I enjoyed watching a few jaws drop at easton when I told them what most people are saying about the TA

JP
What's been out of line? I'm "out of line" because I think the TA will pass?

Latest resources

Back