• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any news for CAL furloughees?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't know for sure, but my buddy feels pretty much certain that the furloughees will be back before the summer simply because he thinks there is no way in hell CAL will get through their summer schedule as short as they are.

Anyone know how many of our pilots decided not to take all of their vacation? We need to start posting names.

I have yet to hear a Captain say much of anything about the 147 or don't pick up open time. Just take a look at any given day how fast trips are picked up on both f/o and cap side. Love the excuses too, my dog had to goto the vet so I picked up this trip. F' that, seems that the scab legacy goes way beyond those with a letter at the end of their employee number.

The best thing about coex was the people, the worst thing about cal is the people. Time for this pilot group to stand up and grow a pair. Rant over.

The CAL people are great. You must be stupid. I have never flown with a better group. If people want to pick up open time, oh well. I don't because I am on reserve, and I would not if I had a line. That being said, I could care less if some pilot picks up open time. That is life! If you want fair you should choose a different job, planet, species.....

If you don't like CAL then quit. I don't care what you do. Go to DAL or something!

whymeworryPABOR1734596 said:
Really, Home Depot employees make $120K/ year in their 3rd year

Just currious what aircraft and how many hours a month does a CAL pilot have to fly to make $120K-year on the year 3 pay scale.

Exactly, I'm guessing it's another login for Poco. Don't believe anything that scab, bragging, idiot who tries only to piss off others.

The CAL people are great. You must be stupid. I have never flown with a better group. If people want to pick up open time, oh well. I don't because I am on reserve, and I would not if I had a line. That being said, I could care less if some pilot picks up open time.

Your other airline must have really sucked if you have never flown with a better pilot group. You should care if someone is picking up Open time, especially if you are on reserve or maybe you will be the next on the street. I would like you to tell my friend who is furloughed that it is ok to pick up open time. The way we give scabs a pass at this airline is ridiculous, the way we treat are furloughs is down right offensive.

I think SFR is on reserve by choice. And will not waver from the "got mine" mentality. And you can tell by line 2 of her post that she is not one of reason.

Yes, reserve by choice. I came from ASA. Same story there, lots of complainers. I had no complaints because it was a means to an end. I left Eagle for a quick upgrade there and that is it. Fellow ASAers (most of them PFT folks) would complain as they sit on reserve as 2nd year RJ captains while my classmates at Eagle were 4th year RJ FOs on reserve.

People thought I was crazy at ASA for saying that I was happy. I was called to do informational picketing in 2005 and said no for 2 reasons. 1) I think that was useless and 2) I was happy there loggin PIC while my Eagle folks still were loggin their 10,000th hour of SIC.

I don't know for sure, but my buddy feels pretty much certain that the furloughees will be back before the summer simply because he thinks there is no way in hell CAL will get through their summer schedule as short as they are.

Interesting point brought up on CALforums today. The company can ADD hours to the LTVRF and VRF guys as necessary. Using that option, they will be able add misery to the schedules just to cover the lines and not recall us.

Yes, reserve by choice. I came from ASA. Same story there, lots of complainers. I had no complaints because it was a means to an end. I left Eagle for a quick upgrade there and that is it. Fellow ASAers (most of them PFT folks) would complain as they sit on reserve as 2nd year RJ captains while my classmates at Eagle were 4th year RJ FOs on reserve.

People thought I was crazy at ASA for saying that I was happy. I was called to do informational picketing in 2005 and said no for 2 reasons. 1) I think that was useless and 2) I was happy there loggin PIC while my Eagle folks still were loggin their 10,000th hour of SIC.

Translation: "F*ck you! I got mine, who's with me?"

Latest resources

Back